St James's place wealth management

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• MaryJohn2017
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head, you don't get £80 odd Billion worth of clients funds under management and the service scored they do if you are as corrupt as the IFA community will have you believe.

I have always been happy with the service and returns that my SJP Partner has got me, I like to read several sources before making my mind up on things as the recent Times Articles upon closer analysis were highly factually incorrect and certainly not in line with my experience.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head, you don't get £80 odd Billion worth of clients funds under management and the service scored they do if you are as corrupt as the IFA community will have you believe.

I have always been happy with the service and returns that my SJP Partner has got me, I like to read several sources before making my mind up on things as the recent Times Articles upon closer analysis were highly factually incorrect and certainly not in line with my experience.
    Who were you replying to and in what way did they hit the nail on the head?

Who mentioned anything about corruption?

I've only seen comments about how expensive SJP are and how limited their range is, both of which are relatively straightforward to establish as matters of fact. You (and many others) may indeed be happy with the service they provide but of course the counter is 'so you should be at those prices'!
  • Stubod
    Stubod Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    .it makes a change to see a post supporting SJP..(this is the first one I am aware of!). We were with SJP (our first time with an FA), as they were recommended by a colleague and at the time we did not know any better and unusually for me I did not "hunt round".

After all charges / costs we made about 5% per annum overall in a low risk portfolio, so generally "happy" as all I wanted to do was to beat inflation.

However after a lack of input regarding our pending retirement and promises of "information" that never seemed to arrive we decided to look elsewhere and changed FA. Our charges have dropped significantly, and so far our funds have given a higher return, (we accept this may change). The biggest improvement is the significant amount of time our new FA has spent with us helping with our decision making regarding retirement.
    .."It's everybody's fault but mine...."
  • Peter314
    Peter314 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Stubod wrote: »
    .it makes a change to see a post supporting SJP..(this is the first one I am aware of!)...

Coincidentally there's another first time poster who seems quite keen on them.
    :)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72795761#post72795761
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Stubod wrote: »
    .it makes a change to see a post supporting SJP..(this is the first one I am aware of!). We were with SJP (our first time with an FA), as they were recommended by a colleague and at the time we did not know any better and unusually for me I did not "hunt round".

After all charges / costs we made about 5% per annum overall in a low risk portfolio, so generally "happy" as all I wanted to do was to beat inflation.

However after a lack of input regarding our pending retirement and promises of "information" that never seemed to arrive we decided to look elsewhere and changed FA. Our charges have dropped significantly, and so far our funds have given a higher return, (we accept this may change). The biggest improvement is the significant amount of time our new FA has spent with us helping with our decision making regarding retirement.

That's pretty poor, it's ine thing paying extra for high levels of service, a la John Lewis, but if you are paying through the nose and not getting looked after then leave asap!
  • Stubod
    Stubod Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ....another reason we left was the high charges. We actually wanted to transfer our cash isas into S&S isas as the rates are so poor. They had only made 2% per year before the rates dropped and I could not bear to loose more than 2 years worth of interest in SJP charges....
    .."It's everybody's fault but mine...."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport