Do EON think its April 1?

Options
grumpycrab
grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
edited 6 May 2011 at 2:50PM in Energy
Just received this classic survey to fill in from EON. Here's the picture of the product the survery is all about. Is this a joke?

My answer to the survery question "What would you do to improve this product" may get me banned from future surverys ;)

scaled.php?tn=0&server=620&filename=tjxpk.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.

Comments

• liam8282
    liam8282 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    Options
    My 2yo daughter created some dynamic wall art very similar to that for me yesterday.

She only used a black crayon though.
  • grizzly1911
    grizzly1911 Posts: 9,965 Forumite
    Options
    Just after telling me that my super cheap FIX ONLINE 8 tariff was due to end and they weren't offering anything competitive to match BG, even, to retain my custom they sent me a survey.

Asked me to evaluate 2 products from a picture and very brief summary info. One was for some kind of super monitor with pretty LCD dials and remote appliance switch off, when they asked whether I would pay £200 for it I smiled. The other was suggested at £100 and again some kind of visual heat sensor cam for a suggested price of £100......

For both they asked "would this increase your awareness of energy consumption?"

Two points really 1.) If they want me to give a proper evaluation let me test it in the flesh. 2.) I have adopted all the energy saving mods that I can make where there is a visible cost benefit and the bill makes me fully aware of my energy usage.

Oh a third I suppose - why can't they just supply energy at a fair price, a bit like an ALDI rather than a Waitrose rather than all these complicated tariffs and gizzmos that must cost us, as customers, a lot to maintain.;)
    "If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the future.".....

"big business is parasitic, like a mosquito, whereas I prefer the lighter touch, like that of a butterfly. "A butterfly can suck honey from the flower without damaging it," "Arunachalam Muruganantham
  • jcb208
    jcb208 Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 6 May 2011 at 9:26PM
    Options

Just after telling me that my super cheap FIX ONLINE 8 tariff was due to end and they weren't offering anything competitive to match BG, even, to retain my custom they sent me a survey.

Mines ending soon too and they have no decent tarrif to switch to on there website,I worked out that BG online 11 is the one to go for at present.At least I had 12 mnths of the cheapest energy around and cashback out of EON before I ditch them
  • grumpycrab
    Options
    ...why can't they just supply energy at a fair price, a bit like an ALDI rather than a Waitrose rather than all these complicated tariffs and gizzmos that must cost us, as customers, a lot to maintain.;)

Yes, you'd think somebody would go for a "no frills" service.
    jcb208 wrote: »
    ...Mines ending soon too and they have no decent tarrif to switch to on there website,I worked out that BG online 11 is the one to go for at present.At least I had 12 mnths of the cheapest energy around and cashback out of EON before I ditch them
    I've gone to the dark side (BG). Apart from being a good tariff they'll give me a £50 refund in 12months time.

However, I thought EON were good. V.good customer service. The surveys were a bit of a pain (and some stupid ones as above). At the end of the day it really is simple though - price wins.

SMART meter provisionning (e.g. home energy monitoring), if done well, is a major opportunity for the major players.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • grizzly1911
    grizzly1911 Posts: 9,965 Forumite
    Options
    Grumpycrab - where did you find the £50 refund from if you stay with them for 12 months?

Agree customer and web service was very good at EON but I just want affordable power. As long as it comes down the cable/pipe and they bill me properly I can live without that if the price is right.

This isn't buying a luxury where you can indulge to your hearts content.
    "If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the future.".....

"big business is parasitic, like a mosquito, whereas I prefer the lighter touch, like that of a butterfly. "A butterfly can suck honey from the flower without damaging it," "Arunachalam Muruganantham
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh dear,it's horrendously naff.

:rotfl:

The business world is full of idiotic surveys. The money spent is wasted, very rarely useful because the questions asked do not identify true weaknesses in systems,training or service.

Good Customer Service is intuitive but rarely do they ever get close to supplying it.Banks and Financial Services companies are some of the worst in this context.

Although a recent expereince with BT Broadband and 10 days of utter frustration is pushing them hard.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,642 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 May 2011 at 7:29AM
    Options
    I'm another about to be ex-EOn customer and received the same survey.
    They do seem to listen to feedback, so I would like to think that monstrosity will never see the light of day, or any other form of light - especially when they said it could cost £99!
    Can't blame them for floating ideas around, even if some are a little zany.

Amuses me that the blurb says "...the wall light will flicker, giving you greater visibility of the energy you are using." It's linked into a light switch. A light comes on when it is used - that too indicates you are using energy.;)

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• staffie1
    staffie1 Posts: 1,966 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    These things always make me smile - a device to draw your attention to the amount of electricity you're using by using electricity to light up bulbs.
    It's like the tariffs I was looking through when switching providers recently which get cheaper the more electricity you consume. You would think it would get more expensive...IF the energy companies really cared about saving the planet rather than making money.
    If you will the end, you must will the means.
  • grumpycrab
    Options
    Grumpycrab - where did you find the £50 refund from if you stay with them for 12 months?...
    Sorry fro the late reply - when Websaver 11 was introduced they started off with a "£100 Gas discount after 12 months" carrot which was reduced to £50 after a short while. Don't know if this is still available. Ring them and ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure