Need help with economy 7!

Options
Rich1611
Rich1611 Posts: 1 Newbie
I really need some advice on whats the best tarriff at the moment for Economy 7. We have just moved into a 2 bed room flat and are supplied by Eon who have told me that their Track and save 9 is the cheapest option available to us however i think it to be a tad steep. Im not sure how beneficial economy 7 is to us as at the moment we dont have the heating on and only heat water when we want a shower. Anyone aware of a tarriff to suit as im confused! Many thanks.

Comments

• Airmike23
    Airmike23 Posts: 403 Forumite
    Options
    depends how you're paying and what area of the country you live, in, prob with E7 is you're absolutely right, NOW, you will not be using much at night so seems daft to get hammered NOW on an E7 tariff, however if forget to vhange tariff to E7, say October time, then you'll be getting hammered on an unrestricted tariff when you put the heating on, in the long run, you will not be paying grossly over the odds for the next 3-4 months on an E7 tariff, if you are paying by DD and online billing, this will depend on projection for annual usage and the area of the country you live in, but will probably find BG or Scottish power online tariffs v competitive
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Rich1611 wrote: »
    I really need some advice on what's the best tarriff at the moment for Economy 7. We have just moved into a 2 bed room flat and are supplied by Eon who have told me that their Track and save 9 is the cheapest option available to us however i think it to be a tad steep. Im not sure how beneficial economy 7 is to us as at the moment we don't have the heating on and only heat water when we want a shower. Anyone aware of a tariff to suit as I'm confused! Many thanks.

£23 per month for your kWh per annum usage on that tariff sounds cheap to me my friend.

Can you explain what you mean when you say you " only heat water when we want a shower " if you are on E7 you get a tank full @ 4.5p per night unit or pay 3 times that price for day units.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure