Scottish Power Bill Query

Options
claire999
claire999 Posts: 24 Forumite

i have today received my bill from scottish power and im very confussed and angry.

this is my second quater bill and i am sure that it is incorrect!

I have tried phoning but cant get through,

Initally i did want to be online but they couldnt confirm my email address and i got switched to their standard package i havent had time to sort it out - i have since tried to register but their system crashes on the last screen!

anyway i live in a 2 bed mid terrace home just me - working so im only there at the weekends and in the evenings
I have Gas heating/water & cooking the rest is electric

Electric 04/11/2010 Estimated 1285 final reading Actual 1308 total useage £25.61 exc VAT & direct debit discount
Gas 21/10/2011 Actual 8648 final reading Actual 9114 total usage £481.32 exc VAT & direct debit discount

they have also advised that my direct debit will increase from £60 to £104

overral debit on account £222

Is my bill really right ?

Should i just pay off the outstanding and switch ? who would people recommend?

Comments

• bwals92
    bwals92 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    It does seem that your gas meter readings have jumped significantly. Did you provide both of those readings to Scottish Power?

Check now that your gas meter reads above 9114

If you don't feel that you use a lot of gas, and the meter readings are the ones you supplied, but seem bizarre, you may have a faulty meter.

I have been with Scottish Power since February 2011. They are very helpful, and great at dealing with complaints. I have a number for their customer care team 0141 568 6670, give that a try.

Good luck
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi claire999,

If you wish for me to have a look at your accoutn and check everything is at it should be you can e-mail me at [EMAIL="onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com"]onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL]

Kind reagrds

Graeme @ ScottishPower
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 May 2011 at 9:50AM
    Options
    Hi claire999 - Not quite enough enough info for soundly based advice - What are the Start and End dates for this £481 Gas bill? - Your post shows 466 Meter Units used, but how many Kwh were charged?

If this bill really is for the period from 21st Oct 2010 to today, it is for 6 months of Winter gas use at £80 a month - Bearing in mind that your gas use will drop by around 80% in the Summer and your Elec by 20%, it could be that your present D/D level of £60 a month could be appx enough to pay for your yearly consumption

All Utility Co's have got into the habit of badgereing customers to bring their D/D accounts to a zero balance at this time of year, no matter what time of year the customer set up their annual account - If you started with SP in the Autumn, complain in WRITING about their attempt to adjust your D/D level substantially before your accounting year was up.
  • claireloupul
    claireloupul Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Claire,

I am having the same problem, We live in a one bed flat with only electric. Myself and my partner are cabin crew and work away alot and our bills are set out in Direct debit at £100 per month.

My landlord who was the previous person living here was paying £45.00 per month and they had a baby had the water on all night (we don't do that as we can't afford the bills) Washing machine was on all the time which our's isn't ect ect!

When I called to query it I was told that we may have a faulty appliance but since all our thing's are new since we moved in this is highly un likely.

I am going to pen a letter and I will let you know how I get on.

Kind regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport