british gas

Options
hi all,

when i moved in property, the property was registered with british gas for gas. they sent me an est bill for £30 odd, i have since received a letter saying if i dont pay the £60 odd imm then they gonna £6 ontop. I never received bill for £60 odd.

my problem is their customer service is rubbish, i have tried to call numerous times waiting half hour n still no answer even did the request call back, still not heard from them. £60 odd for 10 days gas usage seems an awful lot to me.

The last time I spoke to british gas representative, I honestly felt she was trying to bully me to come back to them, she phoned me from her mobile and we argued for half hour, when i tried to contact them to report her they said there was nothing on my acc about this phone call.

so could anybody pls advise me on what I should do now?
I'm a single mom with 3 young kids n dont have time to keep trying to call them n not getting anywhere.

thanks

Comments

• British_Gas
    British_Gas Posts: 86 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi there, I have just picked this up. I am really sorry to hear that you have received poor service with this issue and I would like to help. If you can email me your name (or the account holder's name), house number and postcode to customernews@britishgas.co.uk then I will have this issue looked into for you right away. Thank you
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm suprised you had a bad time with BG. I've been a customer for as long as I can remember and have never had any problems with the customer service.
  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi bluegirl78 - Having switched away from BG, your final bill from them should not be Estimated.

When you Switched your new supplier would have contacted you, asked for your meter reading and at the same time advised you of the date the switch would take place.
    The meter reading you gave together with switch the date, is then passed on BG

If the meter reading and date on BG's Final Bill do not coincide with the meter reading and date on the new suppliers 1st bill, don't waste your time phoning BG's Customer Service Desk - WRITE to BG heading the the letter Complaint, asking for a new and accurate Final Bill
  • bluegirl78
    Options
    thank for replies, i'll send an email now n see what happens.

thank you
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BG Customer Service is variable. If you get the overseas people they are hilarious. I got one woman not so long ago who listened to my problem, said "I can't help you" and put the phone down. Very funny.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure