IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco parking ticket

Options
13»

Comments

• PRINCESSX87
    PRINCESSX87 Posts: 969 Forumite
    Options
    If the question was for me, The name i got was:-

South West Parking Solutions.
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks for that.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • dont_use_vistaprint
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    The OP could try the "full shopping trolley" ploy. That entails filling up a trolley with high-value frozen food, taking it to the check-out and then announcing in a loud voice "sorry, I'll have to leave this lot here as my allotted parking time is up and I don't want to pay a parking charge" and walking out of the store.

That’s a very good idea. Can you also please write to the council and request they reconsider the Supermarkets planning application as it was granted (typically) on the basis that it would include free customer parking and did not include any detail of the commercial car parking service they now offer customers.

I would strongly advise you pay up. By paying up you help keep this system in place which means many of us continue to enjoy unlimited free parking in hospitals, city centres, and holiday resort supermarkets (Fistral Beach Sainsbury’s is a favourite in the holidays). If too many people refuse to pay I’m sure they will ultimately resort to barriers, clamping or removal.

If you decide not to pay, there’s no need to lie and say you were not the driver, just simply state that you didn’t read, understand or agree to the terms and conditions – so there is no legally binding contract.
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I hope you explained the scam to everyone? If I see tickets on cars in private car parks, I tend to leave a note.
  • pewy1384
    Options
    Have you spoken to Tesco about this??

I am 99% that Tesco does not use wardens anymore, I believe they only do the time restrictive parking which are PCNs through the post.

There is a number for the parking ticket department which I cant find give 0800 50 55 55 a buzz they should have it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    pewy1384 wrote: »
    Have you spoken to Tesco about this??

I am 99% that Tesco does not use wardens anymore, I believe they only do the time restrictive parking which are PCNs through the post.

There is a number for the parking ticket department which I cant find give 0800 50 55 55 a buzz they should have it.

Doesn't matter whether it was a camera or a parking goon (they are not 'Wardens' even at the Council these days, let alone private employees being given that title!). Everyone should just ignore fake PCNs from PPCs and COMPLAIN to whichever Supermarket is dumb enough to allow them to leech off customers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    South West Parking Solutions Ltd - yet another PPC that hides behind an accommodation address in St Johns St, EC1 when in reality they are based in a small industrial estate in Cheltenham. This company share the same directors of and appear to be an offshoot of an established security company.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • foxgirl100
    Options
    Trust me you can ignore them. I was in a similar situation last month. I wrote to Tesco Head Office and explained that I was being harassed and that I knew the Parking Company's 'fine' was built on contract law, which makes liable the DRIVER of the vehicle at the time and not the registered keeper. I told them I would start shopping in Morrison's if they continued to harass me. The Parking Company sent me one more demand for money (which I also ignore), then guess what? the 'fine' was cancelled. So, I say IGNORE them!!! This 'fine' is completely unenforcable. If necessary, you can write to Tesco Head Office and say you are not happy being harassed, but DO NOT engage with the whoever the Parking Company is. They will eventually leave you alone. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure