concerned

Options
2»

Comments

• OneSpike
    OneSpike Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. We're handling our reduced payments ourselves atm rather than going via PayPlan or similar, and we're getting lots of calls. The next time MBNA rings they're being warned that we'll report them for harassment if they call again, they're the worst by a mile atm.

I've noticed when these people call that when you answer there's a momentary delay while their calling system connects, so I just hang up. I've answered the phone - if they aren't there to talk to me that's not my problem. It's usually a few hours before they try again. So far today, at 10.30am, we've had two calls. The first time we ignored the phone as they always ring about that time (8.30am), and the second - just two seconds ago actually - I got that brief delay so I hung up.

At first I dreaded these calls but now I'm quite firm and tell them that as stated in our letter we are conducting all communication in writing. They usually back down instantly and say goodbye. I can see the argument for changing your number, but personally I wouldn't inconvenience the rest of my life just because these lowlifes can't read a letter properly. Where we can we've changed the landline for mobile numbers on our details, bit sneaky as we don't get mobile reception here :D
    If you can't be a good example, be a dire warning :D

MBNA charges and interest frozen
    Egg/DLC repayment agreement reached

Feels like progress!
  • debtCollector_3
    Options
    keithboy40 wrote:
    do you think changing my number will work

I let the machine answer my calls, they never leave messages :p
    All going to plan I'll be debt free March 2010....3 years and counting... :T
  • sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Send them a letter:-
    --
    I do not wish to be contacted by telephone under any circumstances and request that you remove my telephone number(s) from your records immediately. All correspondence between myself and any representative of <BANK NAME> should be in written format only. This is so that an accurate record all communications is kept for legal purposes. Moreover, any further communication by telephone will be viewed as harassment and a breach of the ‘Administration of Justice Act 1970’. Any such breach will not be tolerated and a formal complaint, containing copies of all correspondence including yours, will be submitted to the relevant authorities if your calls continue. This will be relevant to questions of your fitness to hold a licence under the Consumer Credit Act, whether or not it results in a prosecution.

--
  • debtCollector_3
    Options
    keithboy40 wrote:
    i am currently going through payplan to sort out my debts. the 5 lenders are lloydstsb overdraft, lloydstsb credit card, royal bank of scotland loan, northern rock loan and cahoots loan.

my concern is that i may get repeat calls from these people hassling me when payplan contact them. has anybody had payplan deal with these companies for them. have you had any bad experiences with the above companies. i am dreading getting calls.

Same here, I contacted Payplan two weeks ago, or was it 3? Anyway, cahoot and northern rock are two of my creditors, so let me know how you get on and I'll do the same :)

I hate the phone calls too, but as mentioned I screen my calls, and creditors hardly ever leave messges....
  • debtCollector_3
    Options
    sgx.saint wrote:
    Send them a letter:-
    --
    I do not wish to be contacted by telephone under any circumstances and request that you remove my telephone number(s) from your records immediately. All correspondence between myself and any representative of <BANK NAME> should be in written format only. This is so that an accurate record all communications is kept for legal purposes. Moreover, any further communication by telephone will be viewed as harassment and a breach of the ‘Administration of Justice Act 1970’. Any such breach will not be tolerated and a formal complaint, containing copies of all correspondence including yours, will be submitted to the relevant authorities if your calls continue. This will be relevant to questions of your fitness to hold a licence under the Consumer Credit Act, whether or not it results in a prosecution.

--

Forget the answer machine, I'd do the above..... might be doing that myself soon :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure