concerned

Options
i am currently going through payplan to sort out my debts. the 5 lenders are lloydstsb overdraft, lloydstsb credit card, royal bank of scotland loan, northern rock loan and cahoots loan.

my concern is that i may get repeat calls from these people hassling me when payplan contact them. has anybody had payplan deal with these companies for them. have you had any bad experiences with the above companies. i am dreading getting calls.

Comments

• Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    keithboy40 wrote:
    i am currently going through payplan to sort out my debts. the 5 lenders are lloydstsb overdraft, lloydstsb credit card, royal bank of scotland loan, northern rock loan and cahoots loan.

my concern is that i may get repeat calls from these people hassling me when payplan contact them. has anybody had payplan deal with these companies for them. have you had any bad experiences with the above companies. i am dreading getting calls.

KB40 - Ypu will get call aftr call after cal mate. There is plenty of support on here.

Maybe as its the start possibly change your number ?
  • LittleL_4
    LittleL_4 Posts: 714 Forumite
    Options
    Yep Mike's right, however they will eventually stop once they start receiving payments from payplan. When I was in the throws of setting up my DMP I took my phone off the hook!

Time to grin and bear I'm afraid, but it's not forever.
    L
    x
    Debt 28/12/06 £26,467
    £20 grocery challenge per week
    Savings £400
    £2 coins - £8.00
    DMP £357 pcm (CCCs) commenced 1/10/06
    DFD :think:
    proud to be dealing with my debts
  • keithboy40
    Options
    do you think changing my number will work
  • gettingitsorted
    Options
    it usually does and ask the phone company to make u x directory
    Official DFW NERD 189

I may be a woman but dont hold it against me:D

Officially declared Br 6/11/06

Discharged Br 4/5/07 (6 months to the day)

BCSC MEMBER 21
  • madduck
    madduck Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    As the others have said - you will get loads of calls for a while - but it will eventually settle down. I didn't want to change my telephone number (I didn't want my family to know how much a mess I was in and couldn't think of an excuse to cover wanting to change our telephone number). Alot of my calls were from number withhelds - so I arranged with BT to refuse to accept withheld numbers. Worked for most but not all of them - some got smart to it and called from regular numbers. Just pulled the phone out of the socket when things got too bad.

Stick with it though. It will get better and they will eventually leave you alone.
  • gravitytolls
    gravitytolls Posts: 13,558 Forumite
    Options
    The calls will eventually stop. What happens is, you get passed through various dpeartments, and each try to get more out of you than you can pay. Harassment methods obviously work, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Turn the ringer off on the phone, keep making your payments, and things will eventually improve. Still scarily, sleelessly worrying, I know, believe me, but keep your chin up, you're on the right path.
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
  • madduck
    madduck Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    I found Northern Rock quite difficult to deal with - not sure if it was just me or if others had problems too? They really do press for higher payments - probably took longer than the others to accept payment levels. Also seem to look for increases at each 6 month review - fine if my salary goes up but it hasn't! Went through a series of 3/4 daily calls all saying the same thing - pay us more, spend less on this, cancel that - "you really aren't making an effort to pay off this debt" - you think so???

Were looking for me to pay money to them outside the DMP - explained to them (like they didn't know) that I couldn't favour one creditor over another. Best laugh was them pressing for even a £1 per month increase immediately. Explained that I couldn't do that but because of a change of circumstances I would be able to increase their payment by over £40 in a couple of months. They still kept phoning me looking for something immediately.

If someone offered you nearly £500 per year extra would you turn that down in favour of £12 per year? Crazy - I'll never understand these people!!!
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Creditors do phone up but as others have said they evetually go away. You might get another wave of calls as the original creditors start passing you onto debt collectors. Also, most will call again looking for 6 monthly or yearly revues of your income/expenditure. Payplan will field a lot of the these calls but not all. Don't worry about it. The initial barrage is the worse and you get used to the odd call.

One thing that I did notice. You have an overdraft and credit card with Lloyds. Do you have a current account with them too? If you do you might want to open a new account elsewhere and get your wages paid into it. Banks have a right of set - off, where they can set off one account against another. They could also cancel the overdraft and take your whole salary. They are not supposed to do that under the banking code but they may try it on, and its very inconvenient.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • SunderlandBlackCat
    Options
    Xbigman wrote:
    If you do you might want to open a new account elsewhere and get your wages paid into it. Banks have a right of set - off, where they can set off one account against another. They could also cancel the overdraft and take your whole salary. They are not supposed to do that under the banking code but they may try it on, and its very inconvenient.
    Regards

X

Definitely worth doing that.
  • HHH_2
    HHH_2 Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    I found LLoyds a total pain they called every day several times a dayfrom 8am to 9pm and at work too even though I had written to them to say contact by letter only. However once I got a CCCS number I have had no more calls from them or my other creditors. Phew! It was really stressful and I did used to take phone off hook and use answerphone at work to screen calls.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure