IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please help - Excel parking fine

Options
Stupidly I have already appealed a parking fine from excel parking, and I have admitted I was driving the car. Didn't know about these forums!

They are saying I did not get my ticket in time, but it was an all day parking ticket which I bought although I admitted I didn't get it straight away. This is how they are saying I broke the terms and conditions, although I never left my vehicle.

I am now being threatened with court action from Graham White Solicitors. I have looked at the uploaded letters and it is exactly the same, I am really nervous, but it is extortiante.

I have appealed twice and now keep ignoring...

Please help and give me some advise.

Comments

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    You have admitted you were the driver, so they now know who to harass , now that you know your appeal has been turned down, you should know that all appeals are turned down by the scamming cowboys!

But as the invoice is not enforceable and Graham White aka Roxburghe have never ever ever been to the small claims you don't need to worry, your next course of action is to ignore them utterly, they will go away after a few threatogram junk mail.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Skoobie
    Options
    I am totally ignoring them, thank you. I just wanted to make sure that was the right thing to do.

Thank you
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Skoobie wrote: »
    I am totally ignoring them, thank you. I just wanted to make sure that was the right thing to do.

Thank you

Hi skoobie, just come back on here for any further reassurance, they will write and they will threaten all sorts of things, just stand your ground and file everything behind the clock.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You paid the landowner the fee he/she wanted for all-day parking did you not?

Hence there can not be any damages suffered by the landowner.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options

Thank you

What on these threads would have given you the impression that ignoring was the wrong thing to do???
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Skoobie
    Skoobie Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    You paid the landowner the fee he/she wanted for all-day parking did you not?

Hence there can not be any damages suffered by the landowner.

Yes I paid, and that is what I put in my appeal, but got no where now the charge has gone up to £207 and threats of legal action and CCJ's etc. Panic just kicked in, so I am now ignoring them and waiting for the next letter, as I am guessing I will recieve many more. Do they ever stop?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I paid, and that is what I put in my appeal, but got no where now the charge has gone up to £207 and threats of legal action and CCJ's etc. Panic just kicked in, so I am now ignoring them and waiting for the next letter, as I am guessing I will recieve many more. Do they ever stop?

Yes they do stop, once they realise you are not falling for the general scam they go after other targets.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Kite2010
    Options

Just carry on ignoring, you might get a couple extra begging letters as they know you exist. A court would laugh those charges out into the middle of next cenutry
  • Kite2010
    Options

Just carry on ignoring, you might get a couple extra begging letters as they know you exist. A court would laugh those charges out into the middle of next century
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure