Comedy Club Tickets for Half Price in London

Options
Hello all.

I've been a lurker for a while - now it's time for me to give a little bit back.

I love stand up comedy. And go to different clubs (in London) at least once a week.

One of the best 'medium' sized shows - has a secret (back door) half price offer. That will run until December 31st 2006.

I have been there so often that I was told this by another regular punter - they put it into place on their listing at ticketweb - for the world cup (as audiences would be down due to the footie). But with the listing at ticketweb you can't specify that it only run for a month. So although they don't advertise it any more - you can (until Dec 31st 2006) pick the tickets up for half the face value.

Which is ideal for xmas parties - etc. Just in central London - so sorry to everyone else. They have a max for each show of 60 tickets. And you can only buy 8 at a time on a credit card (so if doing larger bookings you will have to make more than one booking).

At this club I have seen recently: Adam Bloom, Sol Bernstien, Patrick Monahan, Inkey Jones, omid djalili - and many more excellent acts. You get great acts doing longer sets - so it really is good value for money (at full price).

The price? Thursday £6 Friday and Saturday £10

But with the magic code you get in for HALF that.

So only £3 on Thursdays.

They have Seven shows a week. Two on Thurs and Fri and three on Sat. The best ones are the Friday and Saturday shows (hence the higher price). But the Thursday shows are still ace.

You also all get free entry to some niteclub afterwards (but that's not my thing so I don't know what it's like) - the Zoo Bar <again in the London WC2 area>

So want top comedy, free niteclub all for £3 on a Thurs or £5 on a Fri/Sat?

then get to their page on ticketweb:

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user?query=search&region=xxx&category=misc&search=cheeky

or call 08700 600 100 (24 hrs) ask for tickets to the "Downstairs Comedy Bar"

and on both phone and internet to see the price fall in front of your eyes use the promotional code "londonnet"

I hope that is enough info

Anyway thank you all for your help to me in the past

I hope this has helped someone else

I can now go back to lurking

x

Comments

• Bibbitybob
    Bibbitybob Posts: 843 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend this at all. We took this offer and went with friends at the weekend.

Firstly, the 'ticket booth' was a stoned guy holding a 'comedy club' sign outside the venue we where told it was held at. He produced a scratty piece of paper with our names on, and handed us a map, telling us that they had moved to a bigger venue a 10 minute walk away (not their fault that it was raining hard, but not great fun to have to walk in it!).

To cut a long story short the show was dire. The compare (Inkey Jones) spent 2 hours chatting to and offending the audience (several people actually walked out!). Every single person in the room was asked where they where from, then we went round again and were asked our jobs. The compare then attempted some mild humour relating to the answer.

The 'headline act' (although I thought you had to have more than one act to call an act a headliner?!) came on and spent a long 5 minutes (!!) making racist and religious jokes, mostly self depreciating which was just painful to watch. The "oh you didn't find that one funny" line got a bit tired.

Then we where forced to hug the compare as we left - the icing on the cake really.

So yes, while I appreciate that someone very kindly posted this offer, I would suggest to anyone contemplating this offer to save your five English pounds and buying yourself something pretty instead!
  • Lemmy_Caution
    Options
    Oh well at least you got a funny story out of it, and gave us more laughs than you got from the show.
    Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. - Proust
  • Bibbitybob
    Options
    Glad to have amused!
  • blackbear_2
    Options
    Thanks, booked my tickets for 8th of Feb. Is there anywhere you can find out who will be starring?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure