PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS Daily Thread Saturday April 30th

Options

Comments

• RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,111 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all- bloomin eck,can't believe I've made the first page :rotfl:
    Hope everyone is ok,hugs if you're not.
    I thoroughly enjoyed watching the wedding yesterday,last night even DH and DS2 watched all the news on it without moaning.I was watching for tips on how people were wearing their hats/fascinators as I've got the latter for a wedding on Friday.I wont have much time to do any fancy stuff with my hair as its the 20wk scan 1 1/2 hrs before the wedding ,and DS2s GF has asked me to go too :j(dont fancy being in ante natal wearing the thing,bad enough I'll be wearing my frock :D)

I need to go and get some form of false tan today to use on Friday on my milk bottle legs,and want to pop in Boots as I have a half price voucher for prescription sunglasses which runs out next week.I cant find my others anywhere,wondering if I left them behind when we went to France last September.I certainly dont think I've had them since.My 'scrip has changed anyway,and I feel a bit lost without them when its so sunny.

We had frozen lo prawn and mushroom pasta last night,though I've got to admit it was a case of hunt the prawns,which DH commented on-still tasted good with some garlic dough balls.Not sure what we'll have tonight.

Better get a move on-have good days all.x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Hope you all enjoyed yesterday!

Today me and my friend who is staying are going for 2 meals out :rotfl: lunch with people I used to work with, and dinner with my friends! And because lunch is at 2 and dinner at 7 there's no point going home inbetween so we having an all dayer :D although I haven't drunk or been out properly in 3 months due to the vertigo so we'll see how successful it will be!! :rotfl:

OS wise - DW been on and emptied, WM on now and will dry on balcony.

Have a good day all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    WooHoo, just dropped in to the local Tesco to check out the whoopsies, I got 3 packs of hot cross buns, 8p for 6 buns & 2 packets of grapes, £1.55 a pack, not cheap, but better than £4 full price, I have been reliably informed one of the children coming will eat grapes. I've thrown away all the wrappings as I've also been reliably informed that only M&S food is acceptable!
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning my lovelies :D

Had a fantastic day yesterday although feel carp again today (no Pimms today Lou ;)), gland hurt as does throat when I swallow. Painkillers are beckoning <sigh>

Little birdie that cat caught sadly died last night <sniff sniff> It had hopped around the box a bit so I had high hopes for it surviving but sadly I think shock took over :( Pesky cat also knocked over my orchid too so she's definately in the dog house :(

Taking kids to park although it's really windy and cool despite the sunshine. Will take a picnic but think it will be eaten in the car :eek:
    No sure whats for tea tonight. Something quick and easy hopefully.

Hester - if they don't like what's presented they don't have to eat it. Their loss <shrug>

Rosyred - Enjoy the 20wk scan and your wedding :)

Flutterby - Hope you have a vertigo free day :) Enjoy your all day-er ;)

Hugs and spoons all round. Have a wonderful Saturday OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Gang,

JackieO thankyou very much for the recipe, will try that today:D
    Sounds like you all had a good time yesterday. I loved the dress, very Grace Kelly and it was just lovely and romantic. I love a good wedding. Watched it with my DD and my DGS OScar decided to play his music and dance while they said their vows, no sense of occasion lol. My son gets married in a couple of years and I am already thinking about my outfit and how much weight I need to lose LOL

Lots of cleaning here today and we will finish off the bedroom we have just decorated, putting on bedding and putting curtains up, my favourite bits really:T
    Home made pizzas for tea, never tried them before so need to find a dough recipe.
    Made rogan josh with leftover pork and lamb last night which was delish:p

Anyway better get on, have a good day all J x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Late morning all!

Haven't done anything yet today except make pancakes for brekkie with choc spread made from left over HM condensed milk mixed with cocoa powder.
    Have to go to the tip today with various bits of junk that have been annoying me.
    Then skip diving and up to the allotment to do some more weeding.
    Off now to find a recipe for using some whoopsied ray wings:eek:.
    As someone who is just getting into trying fish after years of not touching the stuff (until I was preg and took a notion for fish n chips) it's a scary prospect. So far I have managed to cook and eat salmon, pollock and fresh tuna steak.

Have a good day, OS or not.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Loveies :D

Yesterday was Fandabbydozey :D, Approx 300 @ Street Party and approx 100 + kids @ Disco :T, we raised over £300.00 for the Air Ambulance too :T.
    Been down to the hall this morning with the kids to help tidy up, Soooooo much food left :eek:, we've bought 150,000 cakes back and deposited to the nearby neighbours, i have 5 bags in the freezer they will come in handy for DD2's party in May :money::D. DH is nursing a sorehead :rotfl:.

Today washing on the line, chicks cleaned out, need to hoover when DH is up and about :rotfl:

Tea will be belly pork which i might marinade need to check the cupboards first.

Have great days....xx

PS we're now counting down for the Diamond Jubilee ;)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Mrs_P_Pincher
    Mrs_P_Pincher Posts: 538 Forumite
    edited 30 April 2011 at 1:17PM
    Options
    *pushes door open a bit tentatively*

Hello everyone. Never posted on here before, but have been a lurker for ages.

Up at 7.00 this morning. Have spent the morning trying to sort out some Romanian visitors to our fair city, who have problems with their accommodation, come home, had a spot of lunch (store cupboard special) and am about to load up the SC with a pork joint as I don't know when Mr P will be back from vintage go karting with his brother, but I know he'll be hungry. So, roast dinner tonight and left overs on Monday.

Tomorrow is Mr P's band reunion gig so dinner will be spag bol out the freezer with HG salad.

Off for a potter in the garden now - nurture me spuds and get me little gems in.

Enjoy your weekends

Mrs P P
    "Keep your dreams as clean as silver..." John Stewart (1939-2008)
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Afternoon All
    Have spent all day catching up with the washing and it is blowing away happily on the line - makes a change from yesterday with all the hail and thunder we had. Can't complain the garden needed it desperately.
    DH has just finished cleaning the cooker :D He has now gone over to see a mate so I can get on without him underfoot :)

Anyone heard from N9eav or Halight? They have been away too long.

Just ordered DS a DS XL for his birthday - he didn't want the 3D . Sainsbugs had them on offer up until yesterday but they have now gone up by £40:eek: So I ordered it on Amazon.
    Sainsbugs have the DSi on offer at the moment for £94.99 and when we went into Comet they wouldn't price match :mad: so much for their price match guarantee :mad:

Dinner tonight is salad, new potatoes and BBQ chicken pieces.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    afternoon all, i seem to have lost my husband today, he went to do a skip run for my mum at 9 and asn't came back, as far as i can tell he's dismantled her huge shed and done several skip runs- she's moving house so clearing the old one ready to hand the keys in tomorrow, i don't mind him helping her but i'm abit worried about the fuel conspumption as i really can't afford to put anymore in this week and i have the school run again come wed :(

os wise i've done loads of washing today and striped my bed it's all hanging out on the line now, DW on (well prob finished now) and we all had leftovers for lunch

i'm loving this weather, saying that i went into the attic to find sandals for my youngest (glad i kept the older boys ones now) and it was roasting up there, def won't be doing that again for a long time

how do you make homemade condensed milk?
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills