Missed signing help

Options
I was ill yesterday and forgot to go and sign on , i know your ment to contact them asap but with all these bank holidays they arnt open till tuesday im just concerend how this will effect my JSA payments and Mortgage interest Support , Any one got any clue about this been up all night worrying about it

Comments

• richpoortyke
    Options
    You could be sanctioned (probably for a week). You need to contact them asap (probably Tuesday).
    They allow you 5 working days i think before they shut the claim.
    You will have to have a Decision Making appointment made. The person who sees you will ask for the reason why you didnt attend. They will get you to sign on then too
    Sometimes they let you off and get you to fill in a sickness form. Though strictly you are supposed to contact them on the day of the illness. Usually though they will send your details to the decision maker who may place a sanction on your claim.
    Keep signing on in the meantime until the decision comes through as they should continue to pay you for now.
    Your money will obviously go in late as it will be 3 days after you go to the appointment
  • damcken
    Options
    Thanks for the advice youve saved me from a few sleepless nights
  • poppyjay
    poppyjay Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    My husband had the same thing happen last year they closed his claim and he had to re apply they also stopped out housing benefit and council tax until we told them why the JSA had stop.
  • dseventy
    dseventy Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    damcken wrote: »
    I was ill yesterday and forgot to go and sign on , i know your ment to contact them asap but with all these bank holidays they arnt open till tuesday im just concerend how this will effect my JSA payments and Mortgage interest Support , Any one got any clue about this been up all night worrying about it

There are not many hoops to jump through for JSA, one is to be looking for work, the other is to remember a (often) fortnightly appointment!

If you are not sanctioned (1 week to 26 weeks) there will be a delay in your money. Plus there are horror stories of having to reclaim and loosing other associated benefits.

D70
    How about no longer being masochistic?
    How about remembering your divinity?
    How about unabashedly bawling your eyes out?
    How about not equating death with stopping?
  • misssmcc
    misssmcc Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    similar thing happened to my dad, they took one weeks worth of benefits from him (JSA, HB and CTB).
    <insert super cool inspirational sig here>
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport