RBS - no FPs this evening?

Options
Not had problems before but unable to send FPs this evening. Simply offers 3 May as first available date for payments out.

Comments

• stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It will still go via faster payments its just that 3rd May is the next day working day now with the 2 bank holidays.

The transaction will show as 3rd May on your statement even though it will be sent today. :D
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 April 2011 at 9:27PM
    Options
    But the page is different - must have changed it since last weekend then. I'll try £1 first.

Tried the small payment option and it moved on to indicate that it would go by FP. But, as I said, it is displaying differently in that now there isn't a "as soon as possible" option.

However, the mini statement shows today's date and the receiving bank also has today's date, not 3 May!
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    Faster payments are supposed to be a 24/7, 365 days a year service. Anything less is not faster payments. Post dated faster payments are a disgrace.
    J_B.
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    But the page is different - must have changed it since last weekend then. I'll try £1 first.

After 18.30 the banks system ticks over to the next bank working day. So in this case the next bank working day is the 3rd May.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • zppp
    zppp Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    Joe_Bloggs wrote: »
    Faster payments are supposed to be a 24/7, 365 days a year service. Anything less is not faster payments. Post dated faster payments are a disgrace.
    J_B.

They aren't postdated in that sense, I think you misunderstand. The payment will be sent immediately however this is just the way it appears online. The payment will still go immediately, and will show as an entry for the next working day.
    Best Regards

zppp :)

• Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    Tomorrow is the 29th of April. Today is the 28th. Why is there any need to use banking days given a 24/7 365 days of the year faster payments system. There is no need to use May 3rd as far as I understand it.

What has the next 'working day ' to do with faster payments or the factual accounting of money transfers ? I can understand it if there is some kind of ancient, entrenched custom and practice involved.
    J_B.
  • zppp
    zppp Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    Joe_Bloggs wrote: »
    Tomorrow is the 29th of April. Today is the 28th. Why is there any need to use banking days given a 24/7 365 days of the year faster payments system. There is no need to use May 3rd as far as I understand it.

What has the next 'working day ' to do with faster payments or the factual accounting of money transfers ? I can understand it if there is some kind of ancient, entrenched custom and practice involved.
    J_B.

To be honest I think that I and most others don't care what date it says, so long as the payment goes immediately which it will, so long as it is within the FP transaction value limits.
    Best Regards

zppp :)

• anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zppp wrote: »
    They aren't postdated in that sense, I think you misunderstand. The payment will be sent immediately however this is just the way it appears online. The payment will still go immediately, and will show as an entry for the next working day.

Though in the past I've experienced that style of dating a payment with the next working day when it has been sent on a weekend day, the payments I eventually made last night (at about 9.15) did go by FP and were dated 28 April (by both banks) and not 3 May!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure