benefits

Options
hi maybe you can help a friend of mine has been living on money that was left to her in a will nearly 3 years ago i know that if she has to cliam jsa she will be asked what she has spent the money on but what if she finds work and still has some saveings left can she spend that on what she likes because she is working .

Comments

• Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    Yes.......
  • caroleak123
    caroleak123 Posts: 41 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2011 at 4:51PM
    Options
    will she still have to prove were she spent the moneythat she was living on before she got a job if she has to sign on in the future
  • dseventy
    dseventy Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    will she still have to prove were she spent the moneythat she was living on before she got a job if she has to sign on in the future

Depeing on how much it was, then yes.

how much was it? When was it paid to her?

D70
    How about no longer being masochistic?
    How about remembering your divinity?
    How about unabashedly bawling your eyes out?
    How about not equating death with stopping?
  • caroleak123
    caroleak123 Posts: 41 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2011 at 5:54PM
    Options
    im not sure more then 16.000 but she has had it for more then 3 years so she hasn't spent it on stupid stuff just day to day living but now shes been offered a job but worried if she can spend the money on what she likes if she starts working it was payed to her in 07 or 08
  • melly1980
    melly1980 Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Options
    im not sure more then 16.000 but she has had it for more then 3 years so she hasn't spent it on stupid stuff just day to day living but now shes been offered a job but worried if she can spend the money on what she likes if she starts working

The interest rate is poor so tell her to get a fireproof safe and start withdrawing at a rate that doesnt arouse suspicion and stash it.
    Salt
  • caroleak123
    Options
    shes worrying about if she spent the money on the wrong things shes had the money for a long time 07 or 08 and has been living on it with her 2 children shes got some things
    for the house and some christmas stuff for her kids but she has payed her rent and council tax ,shopping, out of the money and doesn't know if she will get jsa when the money has gone .
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    has she bought a yacht and a mansion and a ferrari?

if not, not much to worry about
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure