London radio stations that do dedications

Options
Morning, the charity that I work for opened a new shop today.
I would like to advertise it as much as possible, as cheap as possible (MSE rules OK :) )
Has anyone got any ideas which London radio stations accept dedications by email or cheap texts please??
Any other ideas welcomed (No I haven't worked out Twitter or Facebook yet, I'll rope my teenager to help me with that when she gets in)
Many many thanks
The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.

Comments

• steve1980
    steve1980 Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    Options
    Most have playlists, so you can request a popular song to be played, whether they do it or not is debatable.
    Estate Agent, Web Designer & All Round Geek!
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Try the commercial stations such as Heart FM and Magic 108 - Heart usually do dedications in Birmingham and I know they have a branch in London.

As Steve says most radio stations will do a dedication but they probably won't allow advertising although you can ask and say that you are a charity and that you have xyz event going on at the weekend.

Another way of getting publicity is to send press releases to your local newspapers - send a hard copy (typed) by post and send it via email.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree with the suggestion about press releases: make it into a news item if you can and get free publicity that way! Take a look at this sticky, go to the Media Trust website and learn how to do it!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • XxXfashionqueenXxX
    Options
    Go for your local stations and maybe organise your first fundraiser? I've heard on Heart they advertise school fairs etc and if you say phone them up they could say it for you. Also get an article in your local paper.
    New year, new comper here!
    Wins for January- 2 free chapsticks, Celebrations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure