UNPAID S/O yet account had funds

Options
Yesterday I received a letter from Santander to say a S/O of £80.00 had gone unpaid due to lack of funds. I went online checked the account and I had £150.00 in the account the day before, the day it was due and the day after.
I have also noticed they have set a £25.00 fee for this and a £10.00 fee for going overdrawn.
I phoned them and explained I thought it was wrong and that there were funds available on that day & after being on the line mostly on hold for 25 ins the man came back and said I have cancelled the charges and when I asked why it had happened he hung up!!!

I have checked the account today and the charges are still pending :(
This is the 2nd time this has happened the 1st time they appologised and said it must have been due to the take over by santander and the changes to there computers - fine I can understand teething problems.
But for it to happen again well after the takeover has left me rather cross am I right in thinking this will effect my credit file I am currently viewing new houses in the hope to move up the ladder a bit

Has this happened to anyone else
Thanks

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's Santander... what more needs saying? I'd make a formal complaint and ensure they confirm in writing that they have left no adverse comment on your credit record.
  • anselld
    anselld Posts: 8,292 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Probably just usual Santander nonsense, but are you sure the £150 balance was all actually *cleared* at the time?
  • Lawpf2001
    Lawpf2001 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    All SO systems are automated so I find it hard to beleive it wasn't paid despite there being funds in the account. My guess would be that something had not cleared on your account be it a cheque or VISA payment.
  • A_Star
    A_Star Posts: 354 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had this before with our Santander account, they refunded the charges but gave us no explanation.
  • hansonwa
    hansonwa Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Well I have a reply.
    A man phoned this evening & read through my email that I made from the online complaint form last night.
    He went through all my points and agreed the S/O should have been paid. He refunded the £25.00 charge & said it would not affect my credit rating.
    The £10.00 fee turns out is the new fee for the account, but as I hadn't received the T&C (& am not alone see other thread..not mine) he cancelled that charge and as I was on the phone for 25mins he paid a £5.00 gratuity payment.
    He also said they would go back and listen to the phone call & assured me there technical team were looking into it as it is a technical fault nothing to do with uncleared funds.
    I have always always been frustrated by Santander customer service its been awful. But tonight they excelled all sorted in 24hrs & so easy. I Really hope this is the future of there customer service.
    Thanks for your replies :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport