Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

free survey, building needed

Options
Hi, as part of my degree i have to find a property that has more then one defect, i.e. cracking, damp, subsidence etc..

im looking for a small to medium sized building, e.g chapel/church, village hall, or any commercial property.

As part of the Coursework i will carry out a condition survey, suggest reasons why the defects have occurred, suggest improvement techniques and also the second part of the coursework is to carry out a measured survey and draw up plans for a possible reuse/conversion of the building.

The copy of the plans will be in CAD format and quite professional looking and a copy can be yours.

if anyone has any suggestions or does anyone know of a building that is in a bad condition please state,

im willing to travel between Newport - Bridgend and Barry upto Merthyr, including Cardiff

Comments

• droopsnout
    droopsnout Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    An ex-school (village primary, stone-built, converted 1960s) in SW France would be a bit far, then? (Cheap flights to Toulouse, Bergerac, Bordeaux ...) ;):):D
    Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. - Thomas Sowell, "Is Reality Optional?", 1993
  • pboae
    pboae Posts: 2,719 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you don't get any takers here you could try http://www.periodproperty.co.uk pretty much everyone on there has a house with multiple defects. :-)
    When I had my loft converted back into a loft, the neighbours came around and scoffed, and called me retro.
  • cardiff123
    Options
    thanks, but i need non-residential properties.. any other suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure