Santander online banking down

Options
Is anyone else having a problem?
Logged in and then was faced with a page of contact numbers with the message We're sorry, but the log on service for Online Banking is temporarily unavailable.

I also note that on the login page there is the following:

IMPORTANT SECURITY ALERT
UK banks are currently being targeted by fraudsters attempting to capture security information. Customers have reported seeing a pop up window requesting online and telephone banking details.
DO NOT enter security information into any pop up window. If you suspect that your security details may have been compromised call us immediately on 0845 6004388.

Has that message been there sometime, or are the two problems linked?

Thanks?
Free thinker.:cool:

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That message has been there (on their Alliance and Leicester version of it) for as long as I can remember.
  • Theblueone
    Theblueone Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Just checked for you and I have managed to login ok so not sure on your problem. Perhaps try again might have been a temporary glitch.

And I agree with above poster, message has been there forever about the fraud thing.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 April 2011 at 3:29PM
    Options
    Yes, it's working now. I did try three times, but it seems to be back up/or the glitch has resolved itself.

Thanks all
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • Theblueone
    Theblueone Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Should have done my banking business when I logged on to check as I am now getting the site down page, they are obviously having a few problems:( never mind will keep trying!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure