missing money pending payment

Options
Sorry if it has been asked about before but can anyone tell me why when I ordered something for £5.50 was there £8 pending on my account and today when the £5.50 has been taken I still have £2.50 missing. Thanks guys

Comments

• DeeMarie89
    DeeMarie89 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    Is it possible that you have registered with a site or something who have verified your identity using your debit card? If so, then what they do is get authorisationfor funds, which will mean they are held, and then just not take them, so the amount is added back on to your available balance.
    I would suggest you contact your bank, as they may be able to tell you who this payment is to, and if you don't recognise it, you may be able to stop it.
  • plainsie
    plainsie Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    DeeMarie89 wrote: »
    Is it possible that you have registered with a site or something who have verified your identity using your debit card? If so, then what they do is get authorisationfor funds, which will mean they are held, and then just not take them, so the amount is added back on to your available balance.
    I would suggest you contact your bank, as they may be able to tell you who this payment is to, and if you don't recognise it, you may be able to stop it.
    Thanks DeeMarie89.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport