Claiming Redundancy from Goverment

Options
The company i worked for offically went into liquidation yesterday and all us employees where made redundant, we also have not been paid for this months work.
I have sent the relevent forms to the liquadators to claim for my wages and redundancy and have been advised that this will be paid by the goverment as the company had no assets.

My question is does anyone know how long it takes before payment comes through from the goverment?
be who you are and say what you feel.
because those who mind dont matter,
and those who matter dont mind.
- Dr Seuss

Comments

• *Scarlett
    *Scarlett Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Sorry to hear what has happened to you. I experienced the same thing about 2 years ago.

In my case the payment came through in about a month which was roughly when my wage payment was due anyway (we were paid at the end of the month and had just been paid when the company went into liquidation) for wages owed and for minimum redundancy payment, they might have been separate payments, can't quite remember.

Make sure you go to sign on for JSA as soon as possible. I didn't do this for a couple of weeks after being made redundant and the JSA payment cannot usually be backdated.

The administrators usually have information for employees to assist them on these issues.
  • chalkiesalem_2
    chalkiesalem_2 Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    Options
    thank you. we didnt get paid our wages :( but luckly i have enough money to pay bills this month, it was next month i was worried about. Hopefully it will come through around then.
    i have signed on for jobseekers and i have an interview today with a company, fingers crossed :)
    be who you are and say what you feel.
    because those who mind dont matter,
    and those who matter dont mind.
    - Dr Seuss
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business