Cahoot Issue

Options
I had an account over 6 years ago which I closed, and have recently received a letter from recoveries and collections stating that I owe them money from an overdraft, the letter also states that there is a £0 overdraft limit? The letter was sent to an address I no longer lived at and was not associated with this account dated 31 March, saying if I do not pay this amount owed in 28 days then a default was to be put on my credit file. This letter was given to me by the person now at the old address. Today I have received another letter stating intent of the default dated 30 March giving me 14 days to pay up?

I can't understand why after so many years they are only chasing me for the money now. As far as I am concerned I owe no money to them. I have rang them today and I failed security so I have to wait to set up a new security before I can discuss the issue with the recovery debt. I have also written to them last Wed 20 April asking for the default be put on hold until the issue is resolved and for proof of the debt to be sent to us, in the form of statements.

Is there anything else I can do?
Can I challenge the default?
Does anyone know if a default can be put on hold or taken off?
Yellowlawn

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure