Santander £100 switching bonus!!!

Options
I know, I screwed up, and took the bait..... BUT

I was informed last month that the £100 would be paid on the 26th of this month. Today, they inform me that I'm not entitled as THEY NOW CLAIM that when I opened my account online on the 29/12/10 that the incentive WASN'T RUNNING THEN :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know it was, as it was the only reason I switched, I have also had it confirmed on the phone, and in branch, UNTIL today.....

They are going to ring me back. Has anyone else had this, and has anyone else on here opened an account with them over the christmas period, just after some confirmation that they are as normal talking out of their nether regions as ever.

I will take this to watchdog, trading standards etc if I don't get this resolved, just glad I've opened a new account elsewhere. SAnTANder is a massive mistake and it really isn't time to stop knocking them....
Opinions are like bottoms - We all have one, just some stink more than others

Service Attributable Pension - War Pension - War Pensioners Unemployability Supplement - War Pensioners Invalidity Allowance - War Pensioners Comforts Allowance - War Pensioners Mobility Allowance - War Pensioners Child Allowance - Housing Benefit - Council Tax Benefit

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There's generally a "hurry up...offer ends xx/xx/xx" message in the weekly tips e-mail when Santander are about to pull their £100 switching incentive.

Suggest you look back through the archive (say 4 weeks before Xmas and 4 weeks after) to see if any such message was communicated back then...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/archive

And yes, many others have had the "we're not paying up" message from Santander, as a search of this forum will find.

No need to go to Trading Standards/Watchdog etc though...just make a formal complaint with Santander.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,804 Forumite
    Options
    Using google to find the info it appears that a £100 switching offer finished on the 12th December 2010.

http://www.cashcompass.co.uk/loans-and-credit/2010/12/06/one-week-left-on-100-santander-offer

Another £100 switching offer was introduced in early January 2011.

http://www.cashcompass.co.uk/savings/2011/01/10/santander-s-100-switching-bonus-returns
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    noh wrote: »
    Using google to find the info it appears that a £100 switching offer finished on the 12th December 2010.
    Indeed it did...and it was in the tips e-mail of 8th December...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/08-12-2010/
  • intranicity
    intranicity Posts: 394 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, just seen that :(

It was still on their website at the time though, and I was informed only last month that the £100 was set for payment on the 26th... and also in branch! Hopefully that conversation is on record, especially as that was dealing with another complaint/problem I had with them.

Either way, off to my local branch to return their chequebook and debit card, good riddance, it's a shame that the Bank isn't anywhere close to being half decent as on paper they have some great deals, just seem great at changing the rules/minds about them, and messing EVERYTHING up they touch, out of interest, I wonder if Santander is the opposite of the Midas Touch, because everything they touch certainly seems to be FOOLS GOLD....
    Opinions are like bottoms - We all have one, just some stink more than others

Service Attributable Pension - War Pension - War Pensioners Unemployability Supplement - War Pensioners Invalidity Allowance - War Pensioners Comforts Allowance - War Pensioners Mobility Allowance - War Pensioners Child Allowance - Housing Benefit - Council Tax Benefit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure