IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Vehicle Control Services Ltd (aka Excel) - Spanked again - this time at Tax Court

2»

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this likely to open the floodgates for other VAT claims against all PPCs? Please?!!

Practically none of them seem to pay VAT, I have seen it posted on pepipoo before that they think VAT is not payable on 'parking tickets'. This proves the PPCs wrong - and surely leaves them all owing the taxman thousands of pounds? :D

How can we tip off the taxman about our fave PPCs? :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Excel actually lost a case in 2009 on the basis that they should have proceeded in trespass and not contract (Alan Matthews, Wrexham County Court).

They argued vehemently in that case that the "contravention" involved a breach of contract. The judge was having none of it.

Now when it suits them they argue that their actions are trespass based. Oh to have such flexible principles.

The VCS VAT case is of major interest and a real danger for PPCs. Joking aside one might consider it one's civic duty to bring to the attention of HMRC the VAT that is being lost by the failure of PPCs to properly charge it.
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taffy056 wrote: »

In light of the Excel case can these addresses be put in the stickies somewhere? I'm not the only one who won't be able to find them when needed.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • SodG24SodG24
    1.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    HO87 wrote: »
    :D hee hee

G24 Ltd reported :A
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • CoblcrisCoblcris Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    This Tribunal finding is related to VAT.
    I would suggest that it opens a door through which communications to HMRC should be posted.
    Some of these companies are much larger than VCS, Excel being just one of those larger companies. Excel seems the inter pares exemplum as it is owned by the same people.
    Not that I would exclude other companies of course.
    Perhaps the top five or ten requestors to the DVLA would be good candidates for such a list.
  • edited 28 April 2011 at 11:55PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2011 at 11:55PM
    Euro Car Parks being reported by me as they tried a bogus PCN with me years ago.

Also G24 in support of fellow footie fan and poster above, SodG24.

UKCPS because some Hasbeen office monkey there picks on disabled vulnerable, genuine people who have a legal right to park where they do, and because they use a connected debt collector called 'Court Proceedings Ltd'. And because some Hasbeen office monkey there comes on this forum when the money isn't rolling in quick enough...

Excel because they are big.

National Clamps because of Trevor Whitehouse.

Highview cos they are the parasites in a car park near my work.

Britannia cos they are in another town car park.

Parking Eye of course, don't want to leave them out as they are a prolific parasite.

What about OPC? A tax claim against them would hopefully finish them off after the recent criminal conviction.

Any PPC who uses Newlyn debt collectors because their letters break all the rules.

It would surprise me if any PPC pays VAT on their 'charges' (at the moment!) as I am sure I read the BPA saying they are all exempt.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!:rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

NS&I to change Premium Bond prize rate

It will rise to 1.40% from June

MSE News

Compers of the MSE Forum:

Show us the prizes you've won recently

Join the MSE Forum discussion