🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Post IVA Credit Ref clean up - Help?

Options
Hi all

I am luckily just completed my IVA, with Certificate of Completion being issued in Feb 2011. :beer:

I am now starting to attempt to clean up my records and put this all behind me.

I have looked at the Sticky above with the letter template for Post Bankruptcy and am struggling to know what to adjust the wording too. Do I simply replace the work Bankruptcy with IVA? What about the reference material from the ICO is there alternative text for the IVA situation or do I leave the Bankruptcy info on their?

Fortunately all but two companies have updated my record correctly so want to ensure they follow suit, but am looking at the letter and cant find any guidance.

Anyone have any letter they used that they can remove the personal information from and let me copy the rest?

Much appreciated

Thanks
Ian

Comments

• FoggyBrain_2
    FoggyBrain_2 Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on completing !! Try something along these lines:

(NOTE ADDRESS BELOW IS THAT OF THE DATA CONTROL OFFICER FOR SANTANDER WHICH IS NOT THE SAME AS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ADDRESS)

Data Control Officer
    SANTANDER UK PLC
    2 TRITON SQUARE
    REGENTS PLACE
    LONDON
    NW1 3AN

Dear Sirs

Re: Account Number [FROM CRA FILE]

After consultations with both the Information Commissioner and the Credit Reference Agencies, I am writing directly to you to request that you formally update my credit files in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

I entered into a Individual Voluntary Arrangement on [IVA AGREED DATE] and subsequently completed the arrangement on [IVA COMPLETED DATE], and Abbey was included within the IVA. For your convenience I have attached a copy of my Certificate of Completion.

Currently the information that you have recorded against my name with the Credit Reference Agencies is factually incorrect.

It is requested that if you intend to default the account, the default entry date must be dated [IVA AGREED DATE], in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

It is requested that you mark the account in some way as to indicate that no further monies are due and the account is now paid, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

I also request that any search you carry out is deleted after correcting the information held at all three credit reference agencies.

The Information Commissioner has indicated that I should allow you 28 calendar days from the date you receive this letter to comply, during this time you are requested either to update the Credit Reference Files correctly (of all three Credit Reference Agencies) or notify me in writing the reasons that you refuse to.

After the 28 days have elapsed the Information Commissioner has requested that I inform them if your company fails to update the records so that they may take any necessary enforcement action against your company.

I have copied the relevant completion certificate to this request.

Yours faithfully

YOUR NAME
    Enc:

IVA Certificate of Completion.
    ICO Default Guidance Note V3 02/08/2007
  • Mad_Injun
    Options
    Thanks, that is just what I need. I am copying and amending into letters today and will have them posted this afternoon.

It has been hard at times through what felt like 5 long years, but I can't begin to explain the elation of finally completing and feeling in control and free once more. For the first time in my adult life I am debt free :j, and that is how I am going to stay.
  • judojub
    judojub Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations. I wish you the best of luck for your debt free future!:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport