Edinburgh Christmas Market

Options
Hi does anyone know what date the Edinburgh Christmas market starts this year or if it has already started?

We go every year before Christmas to get us in the festive mood :xmassmile and to do some shopping of course ;) but I'm not in Edinburgh often now so don't know the start date.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Yes its started and had to close on Thursday along with the Edinburgh Eye due to the high winds :(

Website is here for "whats on"

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=282223
  • fran_from_willesden
    Options
    Oh the food is great! Also the mulled wine/rum concoction where you can keep the mug if you want! I may treat myself to a waffle tomorrow !lunchtime
    :dance::j Take That 23/12/2007:j :dance:
  • shade_mes
    Options
    Oh the food is great! Also the mulled wine/rum concoction where you can keep the mug if you want! I may treat myself to a waffle tomorrow !lunchtime

Mmmm Yeah I can't wait to visit, always stop at the mulled wine stall, usually just after the apple strudle stall :rotfl:
  • shade_mes
    Options
    Yes its started and had to close on Thursday along with the Edinburgh Eye due to the high winds :(

Website is here for "whats on"

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=282223

Thanks for the link, lots of great things I didn't know were on. Now I have an excuse to have more than one Edinburgh Christmas outing :D
  • tico_3
    tico_3 Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    Remember to take your ice skates!! I dont think the reindeer have arrived yet
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    shade_mes wrote:
    Thanks for the link, lots of great things I didn't know were on. Now I have an excuse to have more than one Edinburgh Christmas outing :D
    We have booked for the Mary King's Close tour :eek:

and I know someone who has done one of the Ian Rankin walking/pub tours and can highly recommend it.
  • Pressleyno1
    Options
    Watch Out For Pick Pockets, Be Very Aware !
    Feb 06 *****Highest Debt*****
    Credit card - £800 in the red // Overdraft - £750 in the red // Loan - £2000 in the red
    *****Current Debt*****
    Credit card - GONE ! // Overdraft - GONE ! // Loan - GONE ! // Savings (Oct 12) - £6.5K+ :money:
  • shade_mes
    Options
    We have booked for the Mary King's Close tour :eek:
    and I know someone who has done one of the Ian Rankin walking/pub tours and can highly recommend it.

Oh thanks for the reminder about the Ian Rankin tours, promised a friend we'd do one before end of year and totally forgot. :o
  • shade_mes
    Options
    Watch Out For Pick Pockets, Be Very Aware !

Thanks for the sound advice there is way to much theft at this time of year just because people are distracted by the shiny lights :D

I find its always best to keep my bag either under my coat or secure over neck and shoulder and try not to go about alone if possible.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I went to Mary King's close on Thursday (glad to get out of the wind) and went to the Christmas market Friday. I enjoyed both, bought quite a few presents.

Mary King's close is not so hot for Kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure