Disablilty parking at Japfest, Castle Combe

Options
I was thinking of attending Japfest at Castle Combe circuit in May but just checked the site for some info regarding disabled access.

http://www.japfest.co.uk/visitor-information/

It says..'You will need to provide a copy of your most recent DLA letter showing your current entitlement and your ‘blue badge’ if car parking is required.'

Which is frankly the most bizarre thing I've ever read. :mad:

I have no problem in showing my blue-badge, as it has my photo on the back but why the hell should I have to provide a letter showing my DLA entitlement?

Anyway I don't receive Disability Living Allowance but I do receive Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, so does that not qualify?
100% debt free
House - bought and paid for
Contents - bought and paid for

:beer:
£12k in '12 No.198: £12,554/£12,000

Comments

• nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    contact them and ask!
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Not unless they agree it qualifies.

They have set their own standard of proof which they are entitled to do. As nannytone says ring / write and explain, you may find they've never heard of IIDB, you may also find they are very helpful. The word ' current ' simply and properly excludes those people who carry ' wonkey ' badges and other out of date paraphernalia to gain access to something they are not entitled to.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • sunnyone
    sunnyone Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have done lots of festivals since disability (though not for the last three years because I just cant manage it anymore) and they normally only allow people on DLA disability priviledges but just for day parking your BB (and getting their early before its full) should suffice.

They normally ask about DLA because you get one carers ticket free and if your on DLA mid/high care you legally fulfil that criteria already, any other carers need a doctors letter to prove that you are so disabiled that you need two carers.

hth.
  • intranicity
    Options
    I think what they might accept is the fact that I presume you get free road fund licence. I get War pensioners Mobility Supplement, which is similar to your industrial injury's benefit, and so get similar benefits to HRM on DLA.

I'd ask them if the Tax disc having disabled is enough. Quiet a few councils now only let you have free parking with a Blue Badge and a disabled tax disc.

PS I only recently applied for DLA, as I didn't realise that I might be entitled to it and was awarded LRC, so might be worth applying for DLA
    Opinions are like bottoms - We all have one, just some stink more than others

Service Attributable Pension - War Pension - War Pensioners Unemployability Supplement - War Pensioners Invalidity Allowance - War Pensioners Comforts Allowance - War Pensioners Mobility Allowance - War Pensioners Child Allowance - Housing Benefit - Council Tax Benefit
  • pwales_2
    pwales_2 Posts: 523 Forumite
    edited 26 April 2011 at 11:09AM
    Options
    its because of proof , as so many blue badges are borrowed, fordged stolen , out of date ,
    revoked or expired dla entitlement from hrm ( which will void blue badge ) as you are suppossed to tell them and hand it back in but most dont.

sad but true thay cant trust anyone :(

which makes it harder for people like us as if i was going there i would not have a copy of my dla entitlment in my pocket !

as you can see by my legs thay dont work and im in a chair it may be less of a problem to dispute the case with the parking attendant, but if i looked "normal" this would cause problems
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    pwales wrote: »
    its because of proof , as so many blue badges are borrowed, fordged stolen , out of date ,
    revoked or expired dla entitlement from hrm ( which will void blue badge ) as you are suppossed to tell them and hand it back in but most dont.

sad but true thay cant trust anyone :(

which makes it harder for people like us as if i was going there i would not have a copy of my dla entitlment in my pocket !

as you can see by my legs thay dont work and im in a chair it may be less of a problem to dispute the case with the parking attendant, but if i looked "normal" this would cause problems

Big changes due shortly to the blue badge, a roadmap is here

- Essentially :

- new badge design
    - harder to copy, forge and alter
    - common arrangements for print / distribution / monitoring cancelled, lost and stolen badges
    - officers will be able to check details of new badges issued anywhere in England
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • pwales_2
    pwales_2 Posts: 523 Forumite
    Options

- Essentially :

- new badge design
    - harder to copy, forge and alter
    - common arrangements for print / distribution / monitoring cancelled, lost and stolen badges
    - officers will be able to check details of new badges issued anywhere in England
    great news :T
  • intranicity
    Options

Link doesn't appear to work? But I welcome more rigid enforcement on misuse of Blue badges
    Opinions are like bottoms - We all have one, just some stink more than others

Service Attributable Pension - War Pension - War Pensioners Unemployability Supplement - War Pensioners Invalidity Allowance - War Pensioners Comforts Allowance - War Pensioners Mobility Allowance - War Pensioners Child Allowance - Housing Benefit - Council Tax Benefit
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    link : http://www.dft.gov.uk/adobepdf/259428/281009/bluebadgereformstable.pdf

done it a million times - I'll try again here, I've checked it my friend it works now.
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 April 2011 at 1:40PM
    Options
    It's not a direct comparison but I had literally just been looking at the disability access at Bestival. It's an interesting comparison. Bestival ask for the same (BB or DLA award letter) "or similar" but also provide a page of access information as well.

I don't think anyone who needs a BB doesn't welcome the reforms. Unfortunately at the rate the parking restrictions are coming in it seems we'll not have any yellow lines to park on very soon. I've just come back from a visit to my parents and it's as bad there as it is at home, every conceivably safe length of road is being turned into parking bays or loading zones and the parking in the carparks has been reduced to 2 hours - used to be 3 hours for able bodied and 24 for disabled - by the time you've unloaded and loaded yourself plus chair/scoot it's not a lot of time to negotiate the hills and narrow streets or have lunch with a friend who's been able to get in by bus or shanks' pony... and they've built on or reduced the size of 3 of the 5 town centre carparks
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business