I'm Free

13»

Comments

• Ravanelli
    Ravanelli Posts: 29 Forumite
    Thanks to everybody for there kind comments.

The party was brilliant for once we didn't scrimp on what we bought and had to much food and to much drink, but what a feeling of release.

I think finally getting to this point is only the start, we now have to stay debt free.

Some of the posts I have seen on here suggest a 3 month salary buffer, this is what i'm aiming for in the next 6 months, will pay in to savings and a bit more what i was paying creditors.

I know it's a bit soon in the year :eek: but we are really looking forward to Christmas this year, the last five have been very tight and a lot of the enjoyment wasn't there with being skint.
  • wigwam
    wigwam Posts: 234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Amazing news!!
    Hope the party was a good one!!
  • SazM030306
    SazM030306 Posts: 1,317 Forumite
    Well done!! Good plans for the next 6 months too. Christmas will be fabulous :) x
    :heart2: THANK YOU MARTIN!! :heart2:
  • Well done and plan the future well if you have not got the money to pay for you cant afford it,that is the golden rule for being debt free, add to that the other " save a little very month".
  • claypath
    claypath Posts: 35 Forumite
    Happy days ahead! - you deserve it

Congratulations
    claypath :j
  • Well done - you deserve your party :T:T:T
    DFW Nerd Club # 1364
  • Adem_3
    Adem_3 Posts: 42 Forumite
    That's great news and shows people on here that being debt-free is not just a pipedream but can happen through hard work. Good luck with the future.
  • Brilliant! Well done! I finally paid off my debt (which was over £35,000) last Summer using a DMP. CCCS are wonderful people. It was hard work and a real struggle at times, but the immense relief when you've succeeded is amazing. And all those years of keeping to such a tight budget really pays off for the future.

Have a fantastic party.
  • ashli_2
    ashli_2 Posts: 359 Forumite
    Wow! That's amazing. Well done!!
    Total Original Debt: £30404.24
    Current debt: £18586.16
    Total Paid: £11857.74 38.95% :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing