New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

I'm Free

edited 26 April 2011 at 4:26PM in Debt-Free Wannabe
29 replies 9.2K views
RavanelliRavanelli Forumite
29 posts
edited 26 April 2011 at 4:26PM in Debt-Free Wannabe
I hope no one thinks I'm gloating with this post.

In 2006 we were massively in debt, we owed £29,000 to 17 creditors and didn't know which way to turn, sleepless nights, stress and our marriage nearly broke up through the pressure.

One phone call to PayPlan and things started to look better, we were put on to a DMP paying around £500 a month from June 2006.

Things have been really tight through the past 5 years but we have come though it with our marriage stronger than It's ever been. Today we made the final payment of the DMP and are now debt free (at last).

We have been helped no end by people on here (even though they don't know it), we have been lurking and reading threads for the past 5 years but have not posted our problems.

Anybody in or starting a DMP, there is light at the end of the tunnel even though sometimes it feels so far away.

Tomorrow we are having a debt free day party for all our family as they have also struggled and got by with small birthday and xmas presents :beer:

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Replies

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support