Kalixa Card Application

Options
After reading on here about being able to bypass booking fees on Ryan Air I tried to apply for a Kalixa Card. I got to the end of the application to be told my account was "suspended". Thinking it was maybe a glitch I left it a few days and tried again only to be told the same thing.
I have tried sending a message through their contact page but it will not send.
Today I tried the phone number on the website only to get a recorded message saying the customer service desk is now closed and to refer back to the website.
The website gives the impression that they are recommended by Moneysupermarket which gives it a sense of security.
Having searched the forum posts on here a few people seem to be having problems loading money onto the card but I wondered if anyone else had encountered problems with the application and if these cards are actually safe.

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no UK telephone number easily available on their website - so I wouldn't touch touch them with a bargeboard even if they are regulated by the FSA.
  • chexum
    chexum Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    What seem to work is looking for the lost card information - in this case:
    FAQ - What should I do if my Kalixa Card is lost or stolen?
    http://www.kalixa.com/en-gb/Data-Containers/ExternalURL/Kalixa-Contact-Us/
    https://secure.kalixa.com/Default.aspx?view=ContactUs&lang=en&region=gb

If they didn't have a 24h number, that'd really be the end of the story.
    (one page actually shows a german number, the other is a UK one).
    Enjoy the silence...
  • Hestar
    Hestar Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I also tried registering for a Kalixa account and had exactly the same problem. Two days later (after sending an online message to try and ask why this had happened) I received an email saying

"thank you for your email.

We regret to inform you that your Kalixa card application has been denied.

Due to security reasons we will not disclose any further information on this matter."

I've rang the helpline and the guy on the phone said doesn't know why it's been declined and will send me an email with any more information if he can find out why (not hopeful!).

The only possible reason I can think of was that I clicked through Quidco to get to the website in the hope of earning the £8 cashback.

Anybody have any ideas?
  • Malvasia
    Options
    Thank you for the replies, I Am glad it not just me! I can t even send them a message as each time i put the "code" in it tell me it is wrong even though it is right.
    With not being able to contact them and the fact that if anything happens to them any money you have deposited with them can be lost it doesnt seem worth the hassle.
  • samwsmith1
    samwsmith1 Posts: 922 Forumite
    Options
    Try this address:
    support.en@kalixa.com
    It's what they replied from last time I contacted them.
  • tanyamia07
    tanyamia07 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I have had the same problem. Think I will just apply for one of the other cards that Martin recommends.
  • MorrisonsEmployee
    Options
    Hestar wrote: »
    "thank you for your email.

We regret to inform you that your Kalixa card application has been denied.

Due to security reasons we will not disclose any further information on this matter."

I didn't think they would deny any application seeing as there is no credit agreement?!, I would steer well clear and maybe go with a well known UK brand of pre-payment cards.
    :dance:Quidco Payments In 2011 - £724.21 :dance:

June: £43.15/July: £51.22/August: £90.60/September: £29.75/October: £284.07/November: £171.08/December: £29.22
  • puzzler100
    Options
    I have had exactly the same problems with kalixa, they are not at all efficient. If you need to email from their site, don't log in, just email from home page, filling in the gaps, otherwise it doesn't work. it took me umpteen tries to find that out. they don't have enough people to take calls, so you aftern gets bumped off after waiting two minutes. they also wanted security checks for me, over and above what I thought was reasonable, like a photocopy of my debit card (didn't like that) which delayed the card process. But as all airlines now are charging silly so called admin fees in the long term we think it will be worth it. fingers crossed. I am still to receive my card, so can't comment on actual transactions with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure