Talk Talk Concern

I signed up with Talk Talk in December, (so I got in on the Talk Plan which is equivilent to BT Together 2 for free for a year). What worries me is I have just read their breakdown of times.
    Daytime calls are made between 8am to 6pm weekdays
    Evening calls are made between 6pm and 8am weekdays
    Weekend calls are made between midnight Friday and midnight Saturday

My main concern is the weekend calls. I expected them to be from 6pm Friday until 8am Monday, but they're only for 24 hours. So I'm actually paying for any calls I make on Sunday before 6pm. This really worries me because this is when we try to call most of our family (when the majority of people we know are in).

Does anyone know anything about this?? :confused:

Comments

• OneTel's definition of 'weekend' (I'm on StandardUKTalk so that's the only time I get free calls) is Midnight Friday until Midnight Sunday (i.e 48 hours exactly).

Are you sure TalkTalk's definition is not just a mistake?
    30 years, 217 days!
  • I've emailed them to ask. I hope it is. Might just have to change again otherwise. :(
  • pje1979
    pje1979 Posts: 29 Forumite
    I have just checked some of my old bills and have never been charged for Sunday landline calls in the daytime. Maybe it's an error in there T&C's?
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    In the bill I received from Talk Talk yesterday was a letter stating that their off peak times were changing, to reflect the changes of BT, and the off peak calls will now be from 6pm. to 6am, not as previously 6pm to 8am, so they have done the same as Bt and reduced the off peak hours, not sure when this starts as I have trown the letter away.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    They do make errors. Some years ago I pointed out to them that their tariff to Ireland was ambiguous in that they tariffed it at the same price as a UK to UK landline call. They did not seem to differentiate between Northern Ireland and Eire. There was a difference in the tariff, but they hadn't published it. Even their operators didn't understand that it might be international if the call terminated in Eire. However, some days later I noted that their tariff was adjusted and two tariffs appeared, reflecting the difference between north and south.
  • I've just got a reply, it was a mistake!!

Thank you for your email.

Please accept my apologies for any confusion this matter may have caused.

I can confirm that this is an error on our part. I have contacted the relevant department who will look to resolve this immediately.

Weekend calls are from " midnight Friday to midnight Sunday ".

I hope this clarifies matters for you. Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
  • rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    I was going to ask a similar question,

Ive just received my first bill from talktalk and have been charged for calls made on Sunday the 20th Feb, I wondered if there was a connection charge even if ya have free weekend and evening call ? Ive emailed them about it but have had no response yet :(
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I just checked my bill, the last one was for 5p :eek: and checked the calls made on Sundays the last one being 13 February but no charges against the calls I made :)
  • rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    I just checked my bill, the last one was for 5p :eek: and checked the calls made on Sundays the last one being 13 February but no charges against the calls I made :)

Hi Ed'lass

I'm assuming your on the talk 1+ tarrif too, with free evening and weekend calls, if so and going off your last bill I would assume there is no connection fee per call and they've just made a mistake with mine, i have been charged 5p per call for every call made on that Sunday

I expect they will sort it now ive contacted them :)
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family