245 Posts
    So, is it safe to login now ?
  • masonicmasonic Forumite
    16.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rail.link wrote: »
    So, is it safe to login now ?
    It's as safe as it's going to get. However, it does appear that their security is not up to the high standards expected of a high street bank.
  • izoolsizools Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    masonic wrote: »
    their security is not up to the high standards expected of a high street bank.

Well, it is Santander

What do you expect?
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • edited 12 May 2011 at 8:02AM
    hampshireseaviewhampshireseaview Forumite
    2 Posts
    edited 12 May 2011 at 8:02AM
    I bank online with alliance& leicester / santander and ive discovered today that three to four thousand pounds has been taken from my account and transferred without my knowing to a person named singh , apparently someone with a name ive never heard of has made themself an official user of my online business account and has made the transfer to them (noone has had access to my details but me ), i am now overdrawn and my business disrupted with a frozen account, my attention only alerted when a credit card was declined. santander say theyll inform the fraud section and ill hear back in 3-5 days .
  • DeepfatfriarDeepfatfriar Forumite
    97 Posts
    Sorry to hear of your problem.

Personally I would take Legal Advice or file an online claim against Santander for the amount of missing funds.

I would harry them and not be fobbed off with a five day window.

Their inadequate security systems have allowed your loss to occur and they must be held fully accountable.

Having followed closely all threads related to them I think they are very negligent in dismissing the problems highlighted by Mattcodes.

Santander is to banking what the plague is for public health.
  • thank you for your advice , santander have phoned me to let me know they intend to replace all missing money by tomorrow , a much quicker and better response than expected ...
  • vinh1000vinh1000 Forumite
    1K Posts
    thank you for your advice , santander have phoned me to let me know they intend to replace all missing money by tomorrow , a much quicker and better response than expected ...

lets see if they shall
    97 Posts
    Good luck, hope you get your money soon.

On a wider issue I note that on Rapport list of trusted web sires both Santander and A&L appear.

Surely this must also cast doubts on the real effectiveness of Rapport if it accepts the curious sites in the A&L logon. I am not a security expert so perhaps Mattcodes and others can comment.
  • glider3560glider3560 Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely this must also cast doubts on the real effectiveness of Rapport if it accepts the curious sites in the A&L logon. I am not a security expert so perhaps Mattcodes and others can comment.
    My understanding is that one of these anonymous websites is actually something to do with Rapport itself!
    97 Posts
    Really..

I find that very worrying especially as most of our major banks suggest we use that software.

Have there been any comments from Trusteer on this do you know ?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides