Eon Transposed Readings

Options
Hi, Eon are trying to charge us for under billing us for the last 12 months electricity because our meter readings were transposed. They admit its their fault, can they still charge us for the last 12 months? Has anyone else been through this? Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 April 2011 at 4:06PM
    Options
    Hi tropical fish,

It sounds like your account has already gone through the billing code of practice and found that you only have to pay for your last 12 months. Have some of the charges been removed?

How long has the account been transposed for?

Has the account been investigated and a complaint raised?

If the account has been investigated and this is the conclusion, E.ON would normally offer some sort of arrangement to pay the balance off.

Have you been liaising with a complaint handler? If you are unhappy with the outcome or disagree you will need to follow the complaints procedure or request the original complaint be re-opened.

Sorry for all the questions :o

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure