School xmas holidays UK break

My eldest is at school now so we are constrained as to when we can take short breaks as I don't want to take him out of school. He's off school 20th Dec - 3rd January.

Our budget is limited and we don't "do" xmas (so not bothered if we aren't about 24/25/26 dec).

I was wondering whether you guys think it is possible to get a last minute UK break for something like 21-24dec or 26-30Dec as I thought maybe these times would not be busy as people tend to be involved in the xmas celebrations (or are they busy times fo the year?).

In short, do you think it is worth my while just waiting and seeing if i can get a cheap break nearer the start of the school holidays OR do you think I'm on a hiding to nothing and i should just book something within our budget now?

P.S. I should have said- we're not too bothered where to go, it is more the fact of a change of scenery. Something to amuse the kids for about 30 mins castle/museum/the sea(!!) and preferbale a play park/indoor pool and the kids would be over the moon!

Thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family