Changed Prepayment Keys Now Emergency Credit

Options
Danderton_2
Danderton_2 Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 17 April 2011 at 12:46AM in Energy
Ok, So I am having a huge problem with my electric suppliers.
I am on a Electricity Prepayment meter (ACE9000 KBD)

I was orignally with e-on, decided to uswitch as I found nPower were cheaper, Later turns out that for some unknown reason nPower denied the switch because it was done online and something conflicted (Two Month Ago), They then switched me back to eon, nPower told me I am no longer with them and I am with eon, and eon tell me I am in the 'middle' and I am not with them. However I am recieving mail from both suppliers saying thank you for joining us, and sorry your leaving us, What is more confusing is I have recieved another key from eon, and one from npower. The new e-on key gives me an error:d4 , the old eon key gives me an error:d6 and the npower key just says accepted, this is all an well however I topped up my last £15 until Wednesday on my orignal key and after I put it in my machine and it said accepted £15.00 but I then put my eon key in and it declined so I put the npower key in and it has wiped the amount on the account and put the machine into emergency credit in which it has £12 left with a £2 charge a day.

I can not ring eon or npower for they are closed, and the amount has been credited so what do I do to get back into credit as I don't want to be paying what I can not afford, In adition to this who's problem is it?

What makes this worse is I have a one-month old baby and I don't want to run out of money, So you can understand why I am seriously anxious about what is happening.

Finally eon told me two weeks ago that the transfer should be complete back to them on the 26th April. Until then they would not look at my metre as I believed it was giving inconsistant readings based on my own research with an energy monitor purchased from Maplins and counting figures up of what the metre was reading. The readings are not accurate and are as far as £2.60 being charged extra daily when the service charge is only £1.50 a week.

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Danderton,

I am sorry that you have been stuck in this situation.

I'm not sure if you have got this sorted yet or not, but I would give E.ON a call asap to ask what key you should be using. (ask for the pre payment department)

If you are coming back to E.ON it may be that they need to send you a new key.

If you need me to help, you can send me your details to the address in my profile page and I will do my best for you.

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure