We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Halifax ISA 3.0% instead of 3.2%

Options
I have opened a new Halifax ISA 3%. I am paying in £1000 month to my reward current account.

Does anyone elses account show their interest rate at 3% instead of 3.2% when looking at the accounts through online banking?

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, the rate for the account is 3%. The bonus of .2% is paid at the end of the year if you have met the conditions.

hth
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • gilly_dc
    gilly_dc Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly, the 0.2% extra is based on you meeting the requirements to qualify for it, so as it's not guaranteed it won't show up on any documents or on your online, as it's an additional 'reward' payment.

As long as you pay £1000 into your current account a month, for 11 months out of 12, you'll receive your 3% interest on 05.04.2012 and your 0.2% extra 12 months from the date that you opened a direct reward ISA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport