ebico dual fuel

Options
Mee
Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
Dear All,

I recently used one or two comparison sites to check whether Ebico was still the most competitive for my low usage (gas (av. 1990 KWh/annum) and electricity (793 KWh/annum)). I noticed that some referred to an EbicoDual tarriff which I had never heard of. I emailed Ebico to find out whether that tarriff existed and thought other MSEs may wish read their reply and to know the background to it:

Thank you for your email. I can confirm “Equidual” is not an actual tariff that exists. This wording has been used for the benefit of comparison websites only; they wouldn’t display the Ebico tariffs unless we created a dual fuel tariff. This is because our customers are charged the same price regardless of payment method, single or dual fuel, we don’t offer a dual fuel discount and we weren’t appearing or being considered on the comparison websites because of this, so this was a slight workaround...
Free thinker.:cool:

Comments

• HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That is some seriously low usage. 1990kWh for Gas. That would give me 1.5 hours each day for only 3 months over winter of the gas boiler running. 793kWh of electricity is 2.2kWh per day. That's my best summer's day usage with virtually nothing happening except quick shower a few lights, the fridge, the mobile charger and no cooking.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    That is some seriously low usage. 1990kWh for Gas. That would give me 1.5 hours each day for only 3 months over winter of the gas boiler running. 793kWh of electricity is 2.2kWh per day. That's my best summer's day usage with virtually nothing happening except quick shower a few lights, the fridge, the mobile charger and no cooking.

Until a few days ago that was the average, last quarter was very cold so my annual average/used now is G=2164.64 kWh; E=809.02 kWh.

I live in a newish 1 bed flat with a more efficient gas central heating system with a very flexible timing system. Also recharge mobiles on trains/elsewhere, if can. Tend to turn lights on when I need to see/read; use kettle to heat 'just enough' water or microwave to steam veg. etc. etc.

... and just in case you were wondering - I do shower everyday...
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    Until a few days ago that was the average, last quarter was very cold so my annual average/used now is G=2164.64 kWh; E=809.02 kWh.

I live in a newish 1 bed flat with a more efficient gas central heating system with a very flexible timing system. Also recharge mobiles on trains/elsewhere, if can. Tend to turn lights on when I need to see/read; use kettle to heat 'just enough' water or microwave to steam veg. etc. etc.

... and just in case you were wondering - I do shower everyday...
    Well that's pretty good at I'm guessing about 50 pence per day or £15 per month.:T
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure