Forum Home» Benefits & Tax Credits

MSE News: 150,000 use benefits check-up tool in first two days

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

MSE News: 150,000 use benefits check-up tool in first two days

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
5 replies 1.9K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Tens of thousands have already checked if they're entitled to benefits 48 hours after we launched an eligibility too ..."

Replies

• It might be worth following up on the feedback on your other thread?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • I have to say I started fiddling around with it thinking it was a new checker, then found out it was the entitledto checker.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • DX2 wrote: »
    I have to say I started fiddling around with it thinking it was a new checker, then found out it was the entitledto checker.

Same here.
    The loopy one has gone :j
  • I have an offset mortgage. Is the checker accurate for that situation if I input my mortgage and savings as if they were separate ?
  • blue_mumblue_mum Forumite
    160 posts
    I'm had a go and also realised it is the same as entitledto. Both gave an accurate tax credit amount, give or take a few pounds. However it said I was entitled to housing benefit. I went to my local council website and put in the same details but the diffrence in the amount of entitlement was around £50 a week which seems quite a difference between the two websites. I know it does say it's a guide only so just wonderd if these differences are quite common. I have applied and awaiting the decision from the council today.

I just wondered if anyone else has used the calculator and found such a difference in amounts from the calculator and what you actually get ?
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support