dmp 2nd payment

Options
hi,
i am just wondering if the phone calls and letters should start to stop after making a second payment into a dmp. i made my second payment on the 7th april. i have spoken to my debt management company and been told that letters have been sent to my creditors, and have to wait for acceptances, what happens if they dont accept the offer? i was reading the contract and it says i should get a statement showing how the payments have been distributed, should this happen?
thanks for any advice,
dan

Comments

• SunshineBear
    Options
    The calls and letters wont stop. You have to keep telling them that you are being delt with by xxxxxxxxx

Don't answer the security question and refer to the DMC send them any letters but keep a copy for your records.
  • danp100
    danp100 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    thanks, i know it out of my hands, but it doesnt make it any easier. i am actually getting into more and more debt just by now not making the payments due to interest etc eh? would be gratefull of some more responses, this is a real worry. have i done everything right? is this normal? my bank should now know that i am on a dmp so why do they continue to add interest that they will never get back, and why do they keep writing to me?
    cheers
    dan
  • canadianpassport
    Options
    Hi,

Unfourtanately in a DMP as you will be aware your creditors aren't obliged to, and won't, stop any interest/charges on your account. They are not legally bound to stop writing/calling you. If your position is becoming worse it may be worth looking at an IVA. Seeking further advice from CAB or a debt charity would be the best bet. I had a rather dire financial situation and I finally sorted it out so I know how it feels to get the letters and phone calls. There is lots of free advice out there and lots of knowledgable people on here that I'm sure can point you in the right direction. Hope everything gets sorted for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure