provident agents [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• justice4agents
    Options
    :wall:this is how myself and a lot of others feel at the moment!!
  • bashtheagents
    Options
    I should know its my uncle !!
  • wannatelluastory
    Options
    If the AM gets bonus the DM will get bonus because it is office based, stop talking crap and concentarte on Fresh Start and GASA and Provident Direct its a real shame when you have to actually work for your money i am quids in so far bring it on.
    Ah yes fresh start - provident making money from someones misfortune, we all know they dont pay well and most of it is refinancing provident/greenwoods old debts. What chance of them being 100% payers when previous W/O. Get ahead stay ahead - thats the way put on more customers , just make sure theyr'e good as a first week miss will cost you £15, didnt tell you that did they? Provident direct - must be good in your office but not in mine as hardly any been done, maybe some of the DM's in here could enlighten us to how many the company are doing?. Think this could be another AM,ROM or head office slug just trying to wind people up or are you really so satisfied with your lot
  • shaftedbyprovi
    Options
    I should know its my uncle !!
    I think then he should be in banging on his AM's door as his salary is at least 5k short of the DM sitting next to him. Maybe he should be asking
  • bashtheagents
    Options
    First week miss £15 :p ??
    Fresh start dont get charged for :p
    Provident Direct , 5% FOR DOING !!!!!! ALL :p
    £100 sales bonus :p
    £350.00 gasa :p
    3 for £50 :p
  • bashtheagents
    Options
    I think then he should be in banging on his AM's door as his salary is at least 5k short of the DM sitting next to him. Maybe he should be asking

Depends on your grade , i think they start on about 13k
  • mixedupagent
    mixedupagent Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    babyape wrote: »
    please get this straight they are not Fines they are commision adjustments.
    just as your commision is adjusted in a positive way when you all stop whingeing and do the job you are supposed to do.
    no more posts from me for two weeks off to my second home in devon.
    bye bye

I dont know who you are or what you do, but you are a lucky person to own two homes, obviously you have never needed Provident before ?. Well let me say this, if it wasnt for us agents there would be alot of people very unhappy especially at Christmas time being without money, all we want is to be paid a days work for a days money, not alot to ask is it, Apart from loosing agents they will loose alot of customers. Enjoy your two week break, cos the comments you leave on this site are not needed and will not be missed.
  • teamspirit
    teamspirit Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options

This is true, I was a dm afew years ago and my basic salary 8yrs ago started at 14k and i know dms in my office now are on at least 20K basic. and with regard to freshstarts. if they are so great why are they excempt from the deductions??
  • pifflepyramid
    Options
    Hi all fellow provident agents,

I've been looking at all the comments here with great interest! I myself have seen my income drop gradually over the years, first with the new abc commission system introduced a few years back, then with "compliance" deductions which was basically a money saving scheme by provident, and now these new deductions.

Provident feels it is safe to introduce a system like this in the current economic climate because a) they think agents will accept it because they cannot afford to lose the money and b) they know they will have little trouble getting new agents to replace them who will not quibble about these deductions because they desparately need the money.

Basically, IT STINKS. The company is exploiting us plain and simple.

I don't know if its been mentioned already on this thread but what about all agents here join a union and get them to fight for our rights? I did a quick google and the some interesting stuff came up. if you search for unions and self-employed look at the first link. I would post the link but this site in its infinite wisdom will not let me. bah.

Anyway, it states joining the unite union is £2.50 a week, may be more now.

I would just say however that we should be careful what we wish for here! If for example unite do force provident to declare its agents employed by them it could potentially mean fewer agent jobs and lower earnings to go with the holiday and sick pay - and no guarantee commission money will not be deducted!
  • angryagent
    Options
    WRONG !! if a customer phones requesting a loan on a non collect day the DM will not compromise self employed status by doing the issue
    my dm has been to one of my customers recentley and issued a loan which i would not have given as the customers track record is not good.i have since had two fines as this customer has not paid for several weeks .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure