New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Partridge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
13 replies 1.6K views
RikkiRikki Forumite
21.6K posts
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
I'm having partridge for dinner tonight.

I'm not a great lover of bread sauce. I rather fancy something sweeter any ideas?

There is no problem if it includes opening a bottle of red wine. :rolleyes:
£2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
NPFM 21

Replies

• Debt_Free_ChickDebt_Free_Chick Forumite
    13.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you just make a jus from the cooking sauces, with a splash of wine and stir in a tbl of crab apple or redcurrant jelly? If no jelly, then add teeny bits of sugar until you get the sweetness you want.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • RikkiRikki Forumite
    21.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a simular thought. Using red wine and HM cherry jam. I haven't got redcurrent jelly. (Forgot to replace it.:o)
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • aurora_borealis_2aurora_borealis_2 Forumite
    13.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    posh totty :rolleyes:

I second the above :D
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
  • RikkiRikki Forumite
    21.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH shoots so the are fresh from the weekend.

Cherry jam and wine it is then. :D

NPFM 21
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K posts
    I'm a Volunteer Board Guide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikki,

I make a cherry jam and wine sauce with duck and it's lovely! I envy you having partridge tonight. :drool:

Pink
  • RikkiRikki Forumite
    21.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had partridge. Pheasant, wild duck, woodcock but for some reason never partridge.

30 minutes and counting. :)

NPFM 21
  • RikkiRikki Forumite
    21.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed the partridge. I think I prefer the taste to that of pheasant.

The cherry jam and wine worked well, So simple will certainly do that again.

More partridge required.:drool:

NPFM 21
  • CarolnMalkyCarolnMalky Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are having partridge stuffed with wild boar and apricots for our Christmas dinner, and wondered what sauce would go best with it? We haven't had partridge before, would cranberry still go ok?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Carol x
    merry_christmas.jpg
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • purpleivypurpleivy Forumite
    3.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Julia might know, I think she's been dealing with partridge (see 12 days of Xmas Oldstyle!)
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
  • EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Cumberland Sauce - it's made with Port and orange and it absolutely lush and perfect with game!

Your christmas lunch sounds stunning by the way!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 :D
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator