Bt Make Me Mad!!!

natlie
natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
:mad:

Hi
I had a bill from BT - I only pay them £26 a quarter for line rental, it said that they are collecting £81 a month from me for my bill- that I am £120 in credit and that I should continue making my monthly payments as usual!!

Eh!

I phoned them only got an automated answering and it would only reduce my payments to £44 a month.

I was wondering if anyone knew how I can get through to a human at BT if I can get my £120 back and if I really do have to pay £44 a month when I only pay them £26 a quarter

I am not havin gthem making interest off my cash when I need it for christmas
Mad
Nat
xxx
DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024

Comments

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    natlie wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone knew how I can get through to a human at BT if I can get my £120 back and if I really do have to pay £44 a month when I only pay them £26 a quarter

What number where you calling?

Try 150/0800 800 150 and choose the options for billing...

The other option to consider is instead of paying by 'Monthly Payment Plan' (which includes an amount for the estimated calls you will make via BT), you could consider changing to Whole Bill Direct Debit instead (which means they take out the exact amount of the bill in future instead a couple of weeks after sending you each bill)

Regards
    Sunil
  • qadri
    qadri Posts: 61 Forumite
    or pay by cheque only - everytime u get a quaterly bill. Will cost u a touch more BUT u stay in control
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    natlie wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone knew how I can get through to a human at BTx

Dial 150, ignore the prompts - they will play over and over. Eventually the robot mutters something along the lines of "We seem to have a problem", and dumps you into a queue for the next operator.

Hazza
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Press *0 every time you get a voice prompt - after 3 or 4, you get a ring tone - and then a human!

http://gethuman.com/uk/
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    You are currently paying by Monthly Payment Plan (MPP). The other way is Whole Bill Direct Debit (FAQs here), whereby you are charged the full value of your bill in one go.
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Thank you all
    I complained in email after they hung up on me on saturday and I have had the money back and they have reduced my DD to £11 per month
    Hooray
    Nat
    xxx:j
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business