night rate fraud by cable companies and class actions that can!! happed

Options
both the electricity companies and there regulator
is covering up the fact that
the night rate white meter
that is supposed to service both supplies ie heating and home

doesnt in most cases
as there radio time switch setup isnt wired up right more over its wired to only allow heating at night rate
this is fraudulant

my home was NOT wired correctly since i moved in and i have been paying the normal rate when at night
instead of the discounted rate

i plan to publish this info in as many places as possible with a view to raise a class action both against the cable companies and the regulator for failure to envorse the diverse laws and regulations they should obey

i wonder just how many homes in scotland pay normal rate at night for all but there heating even now

i have a folder of photos and videos and recording of employees admiting this fact

and i will lodge papers in the small claims court against scottish power and british gas and there regulators

i would advise you take photos and record all conversations with your supplier

further i would advise you contact your supplier and ask for a written energy certificate stating what is supplied to you on night rate

as charging normal rate at night
is illegal and is fraud they perform every day

you can contact me if your interested in class actions
against them
and grab some of our cash back:mad: im livid and its time to act now

before they golf up some law loop

Comments

• giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If something's worth saying it must be worth at least two identical threads. Might be good to understand where apostrophes go and the difference between "their" and "there" before proceeeding to court!
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    Oh god, not this one again! Too funny!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3163094&highlight=

I need a translation of this bit though:

British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • dunloadin
    dunloadin Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    Noticed the time this was posted...just back from the pub by any chance?

The only way your going to get any help is if you post a very good description of your meter setup, better still a photo or two. Before wasting your time and money in a court it may be an idea to check you actually have an Eco7/white meter in the property....theres quite a few different setups that appear to be E7 which are nothing of the sort.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    yeah its called a faulty time switch, or your landlord has messed with it when putting storage or under floor heating in
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • asbokid
    asbokid Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    chanz4 wrote: »
    yeah its called a faulty time switch, or your landlord has messed with it when putting storage or under floor heating in
    Modern Economy 7 meters are usually triggered to change tariff by a signal superimposed on the BBC Radio 4 Long Wave signal.

Economy 7 meters are probably the only listeners to R4LW nowadays, and the only reason this obsolete radio station is still broadcasting on LW.

Will it be Lights Out for Economy 7 customers when the plug is finally pulled on R4LW?
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    whos saying he has a new meter....some can be in years & years
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    both the electricity companies and there regulator
    is covering up the fact that
    the night rate white meter
    that is supposed to service both supplies ie heating and home

doesnt in most cases
    as there radio time switch setup isnt wired up right more over its wired to only allow heating at night rate
    this is fraudulant

my home was NOT wired correctly since i moved in and i have been paying the normal rate when at night
    instead of the discounted rate

i plan to publish this info in as many places as possible with a view to raise a class action both against the cable companies and the regulator for failure to envorse the diverse laws and regulations they should obey

i wonder just how many homes in scotland pay normal rate at night for all but there heating even now

i have a folder of photos and videos and recording of employees admiting this fact

and i will lodge papers in the small claims court against scottish power and british gas and there regulators

i would advise you take photos and record all conversations with your supplier

further i would advise you contact your supplier and ask for a written energy certificate stating what is supplied to you on night rate

as charging normal rate at night
    is illegal and is fraud they perform every day

you can contact me if your interested in class actions
    against them
    and grab some of our cash back:mad: im livid and its time to act now

A duck is a duck and a circuit is a circuit.

In terms of the above the water heating specific issue

- is your tank direct or indirect
    - does it have [ part L ] two heating elements / one top / one bottom
    - what sort of telemetry meter is being used ?

The fact of the matter is many homes have varied types of E7 and their associated wiring circuits, and yes some are wired wrong.

Most that are wired wrong are ' aftermarket ' installs, ie, those not from the very outset designed as an E7 unit, but altered to E7 from a standard wiring circuit / water cylinder that was never intended to be E7.

If you think your water or night store heaters are wired wrong / faulty time switch / faulty telemetry switch /

- read the meter and record the numbers on Monday with the E7 on
    - read the meter and record the numbers on Tuesday before switching the E7 off
    - switch off the consumer unit switch on the E7 side before 11pm, and drain all the hot water
    - read the meter and record the numbers on Wednesday

Now you have invested a tank of hot water and three days what are your findings ?

- did the meter show [ by comparison ] almost no movement when you switched it off ?
    - did you hear the water heating element ' charging ' during the night ?
    - did you manage to get hot / warm water in the period it was switched off

NOTE withabix:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the low rate tariff was always intended to be used for the heating up of both night storage heaters and water cylinders after the 2002 legislation
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2011 at 5:13PM
    Options
    NOTE withabix:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the low rate tariff was always intended to be used for the heating up of both night storage heaters and water cylinders after the 2002 legislation

Yeah - I meant storage heaters and hot water but not 'the rest of the electrical circuits in the home'.
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • dunloadin
    dunloadin Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    Good post Richie, however the OP is from Scotland, where E7 can be easily mistaken for one of the many other setups...Comfort Plus...Comfort Plus White Meter....Comfort Plus Control....Total Heating Total Control etc. etc. This is made even more awkward if it's a key meter as these can appear to be no different (apart from a lot more wiring).

So not all may be as seems, with all the above setups the general load may or may not switch to cheap rate, thats why the OP needs to provide more info.

That is of course if he/she remembers they have posted something in the eary hours whilst being a bit 'tired and confused'.
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi simeon webber,

If we are your current supplier or have supplied you at some time you should e-mail me your account details to [EMAIL="onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com"]onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL]

As has already been said there are many different types of meter and once I can check what type of meter is in the property we should be able to identify the problem you are having and find a soloution.

Kind Regards

Graeme @ ScottishPower
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure