Whats the swiftest method

Options
What is the swiftest method of transferring money to a credit card.

I will have a sum of money available on Tuesday in my bank account that I want to spend on Thursday on my credit card (don't ask - its complicated!).

Is the quickest via phone call using debit card, or over the counter cash paid in using paying in slip.

Or is there a better , swifter way.

Any help gratefully received.

Comments

• Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    If your card provider accepts telephone payments by debit card, that's the quickest payment method.
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    this makes no sense....today is tuesday and anyway a credit card gives you a couple of weeks to pay it.....theres no need for the money to be there.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CLAPTON wrote:
    this makes no sense....today is tuesday and anyway a credit card gives you a couple of weeks to pay it.....theres no need for the money to be there.
    Maybe there's an existing balance that needs to be cleared first, so as to free up some available credit?

Or maybe the OP needs to create a +ve balance because the intended purchase value is larger than their credit limit?
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    but is still tuesday ...oh no its wednesday
  • vwman_3
    vwman_3 Posts: 688 Forumite
    Options
    CLAPTON wrote:
    but is still tuesday ...oh no its wednesday
    sure is, and will be til tomorrow;)
    Aiming to be debt free....but still off target
  • orlwaysbroke
    Options
    Clapton - Thanks for the thoroughly pointless waste of space - dull comments always make me feel better, because it's clear that no matter how bad a day I've had, there clearly are some worse off. Maybe idiots should be rationed in order to save server space.

Moggles and Yorkshireboy - thanks for your comments, and yes the +ve balance effect is what I'm after. I'll be on the phone Tuesday (next Tuesday Clapton (doh)) to sort it.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe there's an existing balance that needs to be cleared first, so as to free up some available credit?

Or maybe the OP needs to create a +ve balance because the intended purchase value is larger than their credit limit?
    Provided that the card is not then taken straight back into the 'red' (and hence the advantage of the normal period on interest free purchases) it shouldn't matter how soon after the repayment the card is used again. But if it were just to clear a balance (with an uncleared balance on a previous statement also) and there was interest being charged at the time of repayment then 'some' cards (I stess) can't be safely used until after the statement after next (examples: RBS, HSBC, Halifax.... it's becoming quite common actually)
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport