tv aeriel problem

Options
My 80 year old friend is without his Tv as builders have dislodged the outside aeriel in his block of flats, they wont fix it as it "being a block of flats and not a house they are not allowed to do a repair"Thats what I've been told! The local council(Borough of Newham) put me in touch with Swan housing who put me in touch with Higgins builders, no one will help.I think it is wrong that this lonely vunerable person who has no friends and is nearly housebound cannot enjoy his only lifeline... his TV

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try an indoor aerial as a temporary measure, is their a residents committee or someone who can escalate the problem?
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • diolch
    diolch Posts: 272 Forumite
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    Try an indoor aerial as a temporary measure, is their a residents committee or someone who can escalate the problem?

However, he may have Sky which would not work with an internal aerial
  • beedeedee
    beedeedee Posts: 991 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd bring it to the attention of the local media for a start. This is unacceptable.
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    diolch wrote: »
    However, he may have Sky which would not work with an internal aerial

Sky will not work with any sort of aerial.

If the builders have dislodged the aerial then it is they, or their company, who should put it right.

They are not doing a repair they are putting things back to the way they were, so their "excuse" is mere posturing.

Ask them to sort the problem and if they will not then tell them you will arrange for the bill to be sent to them for any work necessary. (I have found this technique to work in the past)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure