We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Rubbersole refund problems

Options
I really regret dealing with this website

I ordered a pair of snowjoggers which were not delivered overnight as promised on the website (9 days actually as HDNL did not leave a postcard nor attempt redelivery)

No paperwork in parcel

The boots were faulty (excess rubber material in right boot lining making it really uncomfortable)

I returned them at a cost of £5.24 and they are refusing to refund cost of postage even though goods were faulty.

They are not responding to my emails, and I am pointing out that I am entitled to a refund of postage under Distance Selling Regulations

So no option other than name & shame.

Anyone else had problems of this kind with them?

Comments

• halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you return under DSR, then they only need to refund the return postage if they do not say in their T&Cs that YOU will be responsible for the return.

If you return under SOGA, then they are responsible for the return costs.
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • halibut2209
    Options
    From their site

"Goods may be returned to Rubber Sole within 14 days of receipt, as long as the item has not been worn and is in brand new condition, still in its original, undamaged packaging. In such cases, items may be returned for a full refund (excluding return postage) or you may wish to return an item for an exchange (eg the next size up). Either way, our automated returns system will take you through the process step by step (including selecting your replacement item). Enter your order number and email address (both will be clearly displayed on your conformation email) and then you can start the automated returns process. Please note that P&P will be charged at £2.50 for all exchanges. Please also note that different brands have different sizing fits, and In the event that an item has been worn and then returned due to size issues, such returns will not be accepted under any circumstances (even in such circumstances that a wrong size may have been sent to the customer, it is the customer's duty to inform customer services before wearing the item and therefore invalidating the return). "

Seems to me that under DSR you CAN insist on the return postage. Tell them that their T&C's do not lay out the specific conditions for returning under the Distance Selling Regulations, and as such they are liable for covering the costs of return postage

And direct them to the OFT's "Guide for Businesses on Distance Selling"

www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • Zebradome
    Zebradome Posts: 42 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2011 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Exactly - their website doesn't say what should happen if goods are faulty

3.57 If the goods are faulty or do not comply with the contract, you will
    have to pay for their return whatever the circumstances.

That's what the DSR's say regarding faulty goods - "you" refers to the retailer.

That's why they are such a rubbish website, and not replying to emails seems to confirm it
  • halibut2209
    Options
    I didn't see that. I went to http://www.rubbersole.co.uk/returns.aspx

Can you give a link to the page you are referring to :)
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't see that. I went to http://www.rubbersole.co.uk/returns.aspx

Can you give a link to the page you are referring to :)
    I think Zebradome is quoting para 3.57 from the OFT's guide to DSRs.

;)
  • halibut2209
    Options
    Yeah, the OP added that clarification in an edit ;)

Before it just said "their website......" follwed by that quote.

But it's important to know under what circumstances you returned them. Why did you tell them you were returning them?
  • fluffyscruffy
    fluffyscruffy Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    I would NEVER EVER buy from this company again. I have had terrible problems returning some boots to them & its been on going since March, still havent received a refund
    You can if you think you can!
  • Obadiah_ali
    Options
    I wish I'd never ordered a pair of Crocs for my daughter from Rubbersole! Ordered on Sunday, it's now Thursday and nothing has arrived. Have e-mailed twice with no reply and found there is no phone number on the website (OK, so I should have checked this before ordering, I know).:mad: How can they get away with such terrible customer service?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wish I'd never ordered a pair of Crocs for my daughter from Rubbersole! Ordered on Sunday, it's now Thursday and nothing has arrived. Have e-mailed twice with no reply and found there is no phone number on the website (OK, so I should have checked this before ordering, I know).:mad: How can they get away with such terrible customer service?
    No idea whether it is still valid,
    but ciao.co.uk list a phone number... 0800 055 6251
  • fluffyscruffy
    Options
    good luck with this, I have had to go through the office of fair trading & Im still waiting for a refund 3 month on!
    You can if you think you can!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family