Saving for 9 months?

Options
Hi all,

I am currently in the process of paying back my over draft which is ~£2000. It is current at 0% interest and I can pay back £150-200 a month. I am currently saving this money in the Natwest eSaver account but would like to know if there is anything better I could use to make that little bit more money before I have to pay off the overdraft in 9 months time?

Many thanks

Ian:beer:

Comments

• hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    open a savigs acct - can get 2-3% most likely, but it won't generate a lot with staggered amounts over 8 mo
  • psychic_teabag
    psychic_teabag Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you opened the natwest esaver last October/November, the rate is pretty good. You could look for a regular saver - they tend to pay higher rates, though there's not so many of them around at the moment. Many don't allow access to the money for a year, which isn't great. One option is Santander First-Home Saver, if you qualify.

Can supplement your interest by passing money through a Halifax reward current account, if your credit rating is good enough to open one. Need £1000 per month, but it can be the same money in and out several times.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure