deleted, all soted
Thanks to all who post comps :)
ITV winners membersclub#2

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2011 at 10:07AM
    Options
    Your old ISA provider paid you up to the point of transfer and Halifax have paid you from the point of transfer.

If you transferred on 1st February, you should have received around £39.30 (70 pence per day) if your 3.2% is correct.

Your old ISA would have paid you around £6.93 pence for the same period (11 pence per day).
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you'd had £8k invested at 3.2% for a full 2 months, you'd have got just over £42. I'm assuming you transferred it in after the 1st of Feb and it took at least a few days to transfer? If so, it wouldn't seem to be such a big difference?

For the same 2 months in your old ISA, you would have got between £6-7, so it's an improvement anyway...

You give me the impression that you're expecting a full year's interest for less than 1/6th of a year?

*Edit: Not quite sure why my figures differ from Baldur's - I used the MSE savings calculator
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    *Edit: Not quite sure why my figures differ from Baldur's - I used the MSE savings calculator
    I hadn't typed the '£' sign or decimal point (now edited) - mine were from a spreadsheet.

From memory, the Halifax ISA available when the OP transferred was paying 2.8% rather than 3 or 3.2%
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hadn't typed the '£' sign or decimal point (now edited) - mine were from a spreadsheet.

That makes sense - all good however, as the pertinent information was much the same :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure