What do I do - husband wont pay mortgage

Options

Comments

• onmyownatlast
    Options
    One big lesson learnt - I am never ever going to trust anyone like this ever again. If I buy another house it will be 100% mine and never will I be in a position where I cant make the payments. I think a savings fund for emergencies is a great idea and I wish I had thought about it before.
  • beanieandme
    Options
    Oh, assault. That's terrible. Tricky situation, just don't overwork yourself even though you feel the need to, as you know it won't help your stress levels. I wish I could offer a solution. Stick with it, all will work out ok in the end. You've done the right thing so far.
  • onmyownatlast
    Options
    As it was my first time on this site on monday I have just had a wander around. I saw the info on reclaiming bank charges and for curiosity I looked at my bank account. In the last 2 years I have paid £1500 in bank charges so I think I will try my luck and see how I go as that would be far better than trying to find another job etc. If all I do is recover enough to pay off the overdraft and fix the roof I will be very very happy.
  • beanieandme
    Options
    No harm in trying. You keep up the good work!
  • MortgageMamma
    Options
    Don't lose your faith in human beings! There are lots of good people out there and by putting up barriers to caring and sharing your likely to attract the wrong sort!

Good luck and I hope you sort your roof out soon.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • regularsaver1
    Options
    Can you claim on home insurance for leak?
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Just wanted to say if you want me to take this on with mortgage express for you I will do - I don't charge anything and am not looking to make anything from you honest, I'm just amazed they are not being more helpful. Perhaps if a broker spoke to them they might sit up and take a bit more notice.

Mortgagemama, I nominated you for post of the month for this kind offer.

OP - I hope everything works out as you want. It is a hard decision to make, and I hope you feel better for making the break.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • MortgageMamma
    Options
    thanks hex - thats made me feel nice :)

I'm just helping someone through a reposession now and my heart goes out to them - same circs as above. I'm just doing some training to volunteer at the citizens advice two afternoons a month, makes me feel good to give something back to my community if you know what i mean
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • rossbenn
    Options
    My husband left me yesterday and our mortgage payment is due on Friday. I can guarantee he will cancel the direct debit and I wont have the money to pay it. What can I do? There is no chance of a payment holiday as I asked a couple of weeks ago and the mortgage company dont offer that facility.

I work full time so not on benefits, the house is on the market already but no buyer at the moment. Our mortgage is huge and there is no way I can cover it on my own and pay other bills like food, gas and electric.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Do not rule out a visit to the C.A.B. they can be helpful sometimes.
    I hope you can get it sorted and by the sounds of it you are better off without him.

Good Luck
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser with 26 years experience.
  • toriaoxford_2
    Options
    Sorry if it appears that I'm not responding to anyone in particular on this forum but this seemed the best route to ask for help! I have found out for definite that my husband has been cheating on me, even if he hasn't slept with this woman. He spent a weekend away back in March allegedly on a stag weekend but I found evidence to the contrary and confronted him with it. In the end, he confessed he's spent the weekend with this woman. This morning, I found he'd left his mobile phone at home so I looked at it and there was a picture of him and 'her' as his wallpaper - the picture I am sure was taken in Cornwall last week when he allegedly went there with a friend, knowing I wouldn't go. This is the second time I've found a picture of her on his phone (the last one she was on her own but there were other disgusting pictures on the phone of her 'bits'). There are also text messages between them suggesting things happened. I asked him point blank if he'd ever slept with her and he said "I can honestly say hand on heart and look you straight in the face and say no I haven't". I'm not sure whether I believe him and if he thinks I'm going to believe that he slept on the couch when he stayed with 'her' back in March, then he really must think I came down in the last shower - even if she does have two kids, so what! I am now worried that he is going to walk out and stop paying his half of the mortgage which he's legally obliged to do. What would anyone recommend that I do (apart from putting his nuts in a vice and squeezing very hard!). Thanks for your help and advice in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure