We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Paid off TWO cards today!

Hey all, as the sig says I paid off two cards today, Oasis and USC. One was £77 and the other £21. Granted, was paid off with o/d, but o/d is interest free so thought that was the best way to go :-)
:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
«1

Comments

  • Nice One - It's a good feeling isn't it :j
  • Nice work......now do you have a spare fiver to make it three with the Debenhams one?! ;)

    IW x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 222 :beer:
    :T Debt free wannabe - Proud to be dealing with my debts! :T

    Remember the MoneySaving mantras!

    IF YOU'RE SKINT......
    Do I need it? Can I afford it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?

    IF YOU'RE NOT SKINT......
    Will I use it? Is it worth it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?
  • Yay! I would have done the same I think! Good to get them out of the way and 'off the page' so to speak.

    Hope you get that Debenhams one off next then get your teeth into the big juicy ones that are left. Ohhh you'll love it when you see those ones coming down :smiley:
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • Ive just withdrawn £110 from a Bingo website - did it for the cashback and seemed to get lucky on the blackjack! so that will go straight to the MBNA or Halifax!

    Re: the Debenhams card, I am in two minds on whether to keep this one or not? The other two credit cards are on DD and extra payments made when i can, but NOT used for spending.

    To get my credit rating up a bit I was thinking I should use the Debenhams card for something small <£15 every month and pay it off on time, every month. Would this work or would I be better just closing it?

    Thanks :-)
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • Well done Stacey :) :beer:
  • stacey21 wrote:
    Ive just withdrawn £110 from a Bingo website


    can i be nosey an ask what bingo site u use or what other people use

    thanks
    Married my amazing hubby on 8th September 2012 :j:j
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Good way of doing it, well done! :T
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Well done :)
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • I used Chit Chat Bingos - must have got very lucky on the blackjack!! Cash back from Quid co was £30 i think :-)

    Anyone have any ideas on the Debenhams card?

    Thanks!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • Phoenix79 wrote:
    Well done Stacey :) :beer:

    Thankyou :-)
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.