We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Downhearted
Comments
-
Feeling much more positive this morning. It must have been your positive thinking plus a good intake of cadburys dairy milk. If I can pay off between £500 and £1000 pm I could be debt free within 17 - 36 months. I t does not sound too bad this morning. Have a good day everyone Paige x0
-
Wow Paige I think you should be patting yourself on the back hun!! :T
What an acheivement I think once the initial 'buzz' of the LBM wears off and we all get down to the hard slog of repayment after repayment it can often just grind you down..BUT there is light at the end of the tunnel now and you only have to come on here when you're feeling a bit low there's always someone around even at weird times of the morning :rotfl: Keep at it and just think how much choccie you can buy once you're debt free
0 -
Well done Paige

How crafty could you be? You could customise a handbag that you already own or make one up from bits and pieces around the house or bought very cheaply from charity shops or markets. It might sound a bit daft if you've never done anything like it before, but just think - you could design your own original bags to match your own tastes and outfits. It could also be a rather cheap hobby to do during your spare time.
Look in your local library for crafty books for ideas and techniques. I've only recently taken up crafting, and it's really liberating to realise that you can have well fitted, beautiful and unique items in your favourite colours and fabrics at a fraction of the cost of commissioning a fancy-pants designer or tailor or searching around the shops for something which 'almost' matches what you are after. Ok, it might take a bit of practice to get right, but then that's the fun of taking up a new hobby.
It's just a suggestion, but I hope it's a useful one.
Regards xI believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair
I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires.Affirmation. Savage Garden.0 -
Don't beat yourself up, you've done fab to kick £1K off your debt so quickly and you've got your pressies and not spent on card. I'd say that's a result.
I agree with D&DD about the initial buzz, it's perfectly normal, but there is light and we can help you see it.
JxDebt at LBM £15231.43:eek: now £11397.43 Coming Down
Snowball says DFD [strike]March[/strike] Feb 2010
Official DFW Nerd No: 218
Proud to be dealing with my debts0 -
As Mrs. Sparkle pointed out, you have not added to your debt, which just goes to show you that you have changed your ways, which is a great achievement. Often having to live to a tight budget gets you down and you will find that often unexpected bills and expenses crop up and you are unable to pay as much off your debts as you would like but as long as you don´t add to your debts and can at least meet your repayments, you are well on the road to becoming debt free. I try to encourage myself by thinking about how wonderful it will be to treat myself with the money I am currently spending on repayments. Just think about what a nice handbag you will be able to treat yourself to as a reward for becoming debts free!
How about asking for a nice handbag for christmas, or some vouchers so you an treat yourself guilt free in the sales?0 -
Wow I think you're doing brilliantly. £1000 in the first month is good good going. As for xmas I've got the cake and pudding made so far and bought the cards but that's it. So well done you.CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 0420
-
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Result re the new handbag, my mum asked me if there was anything in particular I would like for christmas today. ! Trying to keep positive is hard, at first I was buzzing with everything money saving but I think the novelty is wearing thin now !.
It is especially hard when you get an unexpected bill, I then feel like a real failure if I have not stuck completely to my budget, then its a vicious circle for me, feel low = buy nice expensive treat.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards